Chapter 9

"Where is Cloudpaw?" She asked sternly. "I asked your brother, but he said that he didn't know and told me to ask you."
What? Cloudpaw was missing?
"I, I don't know where she is. When was she last seen?" I asked.
My mother looked at me with despair when I said I didn't know.
"She was out hunting with Reedfur, but he said that when she went in a bush after a rabbit, she just disappeared." She mewed, her eyes glazed with sadness.
I could see why she would run away, with Reedfur as her mentor. But knowing her, she would tell me or Smokepaw if she was planning something.
Just then, my father came walking into camp with a limp white cat in his jaws. Her fur was stained with blood. I didn't want it to be, but it was my sister, and I knew it.
"My kit!" Mistystream screamed.
She ran to Shadepelt.
"She's still breathing. But it is very faint." He mewed.
"What happened?" I asked, padding up.
"She was attacked, by a cat." He said.
As we were talking, Oakfoot came running up with herbs in her mouth. She took my sister from Shadefur and started feeding her the bitter green leaves. She rapped cobwebs around her wounds, and carried her to the medicine den. We followed her, but I lingered behind. I had noticed Reedfur watching the scene. His face was expressionless, but I was certain that I saw satisfaction in his eyes. Maybe it was the tears in my eyes, but I could've sworn...
"Flamepaw, go fetch Smokepaw, quickly." My father meowed.
I lingered for a moment more, watching the dark cat's stare, but I obeyed and ran ro the apprentice den. When I walked in, Smokepaw was napping. I prodded his side, but he just groaned.
"What do you want." He yawned.
"Come, quick! Cloudpaw is hurt!" I mewed.
He immediately bounced onto his paws and ran to the medicine den.
When we walked in, Cloudpaw lay sleeping. Blood was trickling from a wound on her ear. Just then, her eyes slowly opened.
"Wha..where am I?" She groaned.
I was relieved that she was ok, well, sort of ok?
"Your in the medicine den." Oakfoot meowed.
I wanted to ask if she would be ok, but not in front of Cloudpaw. I didn't want to scare her if the answer was bad.
"What exactly happened?" I asked, ready to kill the cat that attacked my sister.
She looked at me, expressionless. I noticed that her eyes were paler than usual. And there were scratches going across her face.
"Oakfoot, I... I think she's blind." I mewed, I was shaking.
Oakfoot looked into her eyes, and then nodded.
"Yes, she is, but I think it will go away soon. She should have her sight back before the end of the moon." She answered.
I was relieved. But I still didn't know who or what attacked her.
"Cloudpaw, what attacked you?" My mom asked, taking the words out of my mouth.
Cloudpaw looked up at nothing.
"I was hunting, then there was a flash of dark fur. But before I could see what was going on, they scratched my eyes and I went blind. Then they just started attacking me." She answered.
The thought that she put in my head made me want to throw up. Who would do something so cruel to an apprentice? Especially so far in our territory.
"Did you smell anything funny?" Oakfoot asked.
Cloudpaw shook her head.
"No, just ForestClan and blood." She mewed.
That increased my suspicion. I had the positive idea in my head that a ForestClan cat attacked my sister. But why would anyone do that? My sister was the nicest cat in the four clans!
I thought of all the dark cats in the clan. Shadefur, Bramblefur, Leaftail, Reedfur, Vinetail, Bumblebreath, and, Wasppaw.
Would Wasppaw do that? He was the kind of cat that would put brambles in your bedding or sneak an extra piece of prey. But I never would do thought of him as the kind of cat to murder.
"Wait, I also remember that the cat was a tabby." She rasped.
That narrowed it down to Reedfur, Leaftail, Vinetail, Bumblebrath, and Wasppaw, the only dark tabbies in the clan. Then I remembered that Moonheart was a brown tabby. But she would never kill. One time when a rouge attacked camp, she let her self be attacked because she refused to fight. And Leaftail and Vinetail had better things to do than attack my sister. And Bumblebreath was so lazy, he never left the Elders Den. And the other apprentices would be too busy with training, so that got rid of the apprentices, plus, none of them were tabbies.
    Mistystream narrowed her eyes, I knew what she was thinking.
    "I always knew that Wasppaw truly had a dark heart." She grumbled.
She looked at Cloudpaw, and stalked out of the den towards Timberstar.
    "Mom! Wait! Reedfur matched the description too! And what if it was a cat from another clan?" I yowled after her.
She whipped around and glared at me.
    "You know that Reedfur is a loyal warrior and would never do such a thing! And if it was another clan cat, she definitely would of smelled something!" She growled.
She signaled with her tail for me to stay. But as she was stalking away, I noticed Wasppaw pad into the camp. I ran over to him.
    "Where were you? And how long were you gone?" I asked.
He looked at me with a puzzled face.
    "Ive been out hunting since sunrise." He answered.
That would just influence my mother's suspicions. Then it hit me. Would Wasppaw kill a clan mate? Would he commit murder? But he tried to save me! He wouldn't save me and then just kill my sister for reason!
    Would he?