Chapter 29

The cats stopped at the edge of the wall. The two cats in front stepped aside, allowing Lightningstar to pad forward.
"Let me make this easy. I expand the border, or you have to battle for it. I presume you would like to avoid battle?" He presented.
Timberstar took a deep breath.
"Lightningstar, I know that your Clan is struggling since the flood. And I know that Twolegs are moving closer, but there is no need for battle. We will help you. We offer you food and medicine. Please, take what you need, but don't shed blood for it." Timberstar reasoned.
Lightningstar stood shocked.
"H...how did you know? I... never told anyone outside my Clan." He muttered.
Then he noticed Smokeytail quivering behind the crowd. He growled softly.
"Smokeytail, you told them everything, didn't you." He interrogated.
She straightened and padded forward, clearing her throat with nervousness.
"Lightningstar, I will no longer follow you in your ways. You do not have the right to kill other cats just because you don't know how to run a Clan. You think that you have to fight everyone to get what you want. But that's not how it works! The Clans are supposed to help each other, not fight. If everyone was out to kill each other, our ancestors never would of survived. So please, change your ways!" She stated.
Lightningstar took a step toward her, but I jump in his way. He snarled, but I stood my ground.
"Leave, our, territory." I growled.
We stood there for a few moments, which felt like a eternity of suspense.
Then he leaped on top of me, putting his forpaws on my throat. Suddenly Shadefur bowled him over, they tussled for a few moments, and Lightningstar gave the battle cry.
The battle had begun.