Chapter 11

(A/N ok, I only got one comment, but it said FxW, so Flamepaw and Wasppaw will be mates. Yay!)
    A moon had passed since my mother had passed away. My ribs were healed and I was going to start battle training very soon. Having Timberstar as my mentor was great, but the other apprentices didn't like me much because they were jealous. I wasn't myself since Mistystream died. I was really grumpy and got mad easily. I had had a big argument with my littermates because I felt like it, and then they wouldn't talk to me. I yelled at Timberstar when he made me clean out elder bedding, and he said that I needed a break, so my battle training won't start for another week. I stayed in the apprentice den for three days straight and would barely eat or drink. But I cheered up when Wasppaw came walking in with a mouse.
    "How are you doing?" He asked as he laid the mouse at my paws.
    "Well, besides losing my mother, my siblings not talking to me, and Timberstar confining me to camp, I'm doing just great." I grumbled sarcastically.                      
He chuckled. But I could see sorrow in his eyes. He walked over and laid beside me.
    "Hey, it's going to be ok, alright?" He whispered.
I nodded. His presence made me feel a lot better. We shared the mouse and talked until sundown, when he was called for the evening patrol. I felt cold when he left, like there was a empty whole where he used to be. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice my father walk in.
    "Hey Flamepaw, wanna come hunting with me Cloudpaw and Smokepaw?" He asked.
I didn't want to, but I needed to stretch my paws.
    "Sure Shadefur." I groaned.
When my littermates saw me walking out with Shadefur, they looked away and acted like they didn't see me. Well, two could play at that game.
    "Shadefur, I thought you said that my siblings were hunting with us? Because I don't see anyone." I smirked.
They turned their heads and glared at me. I just smiled and shrugged. Shadefur nudged me with his shoulder and gave me a look. I sighed and dropped my head.
    As we padded through the woods, not a word was spoken. We were a family without a mother. It felt so weird without Mistystream. It made me so angry that my family was mad at me, when I expected them to be the cats who would understand what I was going through the most! They had let me down, and they were mad at me? My thoughts made my eyes well up with tears. We padded towards the meadow and stopped at the edge of a grassy clearing.
    "This clearing is full of mice and rabbits. Now, Flamepaw, what do you smell?" Shadefur asked.
I parted my jaws to taste the air. My father was right, there was a strong scent of mice and rabbits. I smelled a fresh rabbit scent in a tall patch of grass a couple of fox lengths away. I padded closer, and heard a small rustling. When I got close enough, I crouched down. But just as I was about to pounce, Cloudpaw ran passed me and grabbed the rabbit in her jaws. I hissed at her, but she just glared at me. Her scratched ear hadn't healed well, leaving a bad scar. Since then, she had started acting a lot sassier.
    "You were taking too long. By the time you got to the rabbit, it would of died of old age and all you would've gotten were it's babies." She sassed.
I had grown tired of her smirk. As soon as she buried the rabbit, I jumped on her.
This was my sister, and I was fighting her.

(A/N Thank you to my readers! I have almost reached 💯 views on my first fanfic! Thanks so much for the support! Btw, srry for the short chapter, but you have to admit, this was a GREAT cliffhanger! So please comment, read, share, vote and follow! Again, I greatly appreciate all the support!)