Chapter 25

(A/N wow. Already at chapter 25, and the Climax is yet to come. So if you think that its crazy right now, wait till like chapter 30. That's when things are REALLY gonna pick up. Also, thank you guys so much for all of the support. Almost 500 readers, wow. You guys are amazing. I entered this book into the wattys. I dont really know what that is, but who cares. Anyways, thank you guys again, and enjoy the rest of the story!)

    Life had not been the same since that night. I was more paranoid around Timberstar, I barely talked to Waspclaw anymore, and me and my siblings spent most of the days together. Two wrongs make a right, I guess? Anyway, The gathering had come, and I was really excited because Timberstar said that I could go. This would be my first gathering because of how busy I had been in the medicine den lately. But, I hadn't had a injury in a while, so I could finally get back to a regular warrior life. Timberstar hadn't mentioned Reedfur's attack on me to anyone yet, but I could see why. Imagine you telling someone that a very trusted, respected, and honored cat had tried to kill you? Yeah, exactly. I sat in the Warriors den, waiting for the sun to go down. When the sun met the trees, Timberstar announced that it was time to head to the Fern Circle. The Fern Circle was a huge clearing surrounded by ferns. It had a short birch tree on one side, perfect for the four Clan leaders, and the clearing was big enough to hold the four Clans with plenty of wiggle room. I bounded out of the den to join with the small group of cats. We were all nervous about showing up without a medicine cat, but we decided to improvise. Cloudbreeze had volunteered to play the part.
    "Are we ready?" Timberstar meowed.
We nodded, and Timberstar lead the way up the small hill and into the forest. I remembered the border fight with FireClan from about a moon ago, and wondered if it would be brought up. This caused my limbs to tingle with anxiety. Would it cause the peace of the full moon to be interrupted? I shook the thought away as we neared the wall of green ferns. I took a deep breath, and pushed the butterflies away. This would be the first time seeing cats from the other Clans. As soon as we broke through the wall of ferns, I immediately pressed my side against Cloudbreeze. I had never seen so many cats in one place before. There were at least thirty cats in the clearing, from the oldest elders, to the youngest apprentices. This was my siblings second gathering. While I was in the medicine den from the dog attack, they had ventured to the moonstone with Timberstar, and gone to the gathering the night after they got back. I was jealous, but felt bad that Smokepelt couldn't come this time. He had been positioned as one of the warriors to guard camp. Moonheart was expecting another litter. Bramblefur was the father, but he barely talked to the children that he had already. A pang of guilt stung me as I thought of Waspclaw. He hadn't been allowed to come to the gathering, and I doubted that he ever would again. I knew that I had to fulfill the prophecy, but could I ever bring myself to kill the cat that I loved? Or, at least the cat who I had thought to have feelings for. I didn't think that he would feel the same about me anymore, not after that day when he tried to leave the Clan.

(A/N you guys are going to hate me for this. Lol.)

I had remembered stories of ancient long forgotten Clans that were existent in another forest where StarClan hunted. There were stories of an evil cat named Tigerstar who had been exiled from his Clan, ThunderClan, for treason. He then became leader of another Clan, ShadowClan, and had returned later to kill the leader of ThunderClan, and eventually try to overthrow the forest into his power. But, he was soon killed by a rouge named Scourge, who then tried to take the forest for himself with his band of cats who called themselves BloodClan, but he was killed by the mighty legend, Firestar. But, of course, these were just stories. Tales that the Queens told their kits before they went to sleep. Meant to teach their kits to be strong and noble like Firestar. But, whenever I saw Waspclaw walking into rouge territory, an image of Tigerstar turning around and attacking the camp flooded into my mind. Maybe StarClan had sent the thought, to try and warn me, or it was just my imagination using my fear against me, but either way, I would not let him leave. If I did have to kill him, then I didn't want to have to chase him to the end of Twoleg place and back. And I wanted to keep an eye on him, to make sure that he wasn't following in Tigerstar's footsteps.
    "The Gathering will now begin!" I heard Lightingstar shout.
I looked up at the leader of FireClan and couldn't keep back a quiet snarl. One of this cat's warriors had killed my mother. I suddenly looked around, wondering if I would be able to find her. But, I didn't know what she looked like, and there were a lot of cats in the clearing. But, I noticed a she cat that I couldn't take my eyes off of. Something about this grey cat made my fur crawl.
    This has to be her. I thought.
Suddenly, she looked at me, her stare piercing my soul. Her cold blue eyes turned to slits. Then a beautiful ginger she cat padded in front of my view, and when I looked back at Smokeytail, she had a small smile and her eyes were soft and kind.
Then suddenly, she started stalking towards me.