Escape

Tia's POV

I was sitting on the steps of the castle hallway "You look upset." Ben said as he came from down the hall and sat next to me "Not upset just ... confused about some things." I sighed, looking to him with sad eyes. 

"Ben, what would you do if you were starting to grow feelings for someone you know you can't be with?" I asked softly as I looked down "I'm assuming this someone is Jay?" he asked "How'd you know?" I asked him "I see the way you look at him, the way he looks at you." he said, I nodded slowly, answering his question. 

"I think I'm in your shoes too, T." he said "How so?" I asked "I think I'm falling for Mal." he said. I looked at him "Mal?" Ben chuckled, "Why so surprised? You see how nervous I get when I'm around her." he laughed "I know, but you're so kingly and she's so ... Malish." Ben chuckled again before speaking again.

"I don't know, it's just she's so open and Audrey is so ..." "Stuck-up? Rude? Bitc-" Looking at me with wide eyes, "Right, a princess must remain pure of mind, body, and mouth. "I said, rolling my eyes. 

"Ben, I don't know what to do." I sighed "Jay is just so kind and sweet and he actually listens when I talk." I started "When I'm around him, I don't have to be a princess, I can just be me." I continue "I don't know what it is, it just makes me feel so ... happy." I ended. 

"I'm supposed to feel that way with Chad, I know. But when I'm with Chad, I feel like I don't exist," I rolled on "With him, I'm just supposed to sit still, look pretty." I leaned my head on Ben's shoulder.

"Even if we do fall for Jay and Mal, what's the point? We're stuck with Chad and Audrey. This royal life sucks." Ben laughed softly before responding "I know how you feel, but we have to suck it up and put our feelings aside for Auradon. You know that we are-" "Destined to keep the royal bloodlines together and that was chosen for us when we were born, I know. " I groaned. Even with that stupid rule, I wanted to be in love with Jay and gave me those vibes way more than Chad did. 

I heard a buzz go off "I've got a suit fitting for coronation." he said as he got up "If you have feelings for Jay, go for it. Don't let our fates of royal marriage stop you from being happy." he said "I'll see you later." he said and gave me a kiss on the forehead before he left. 

Now it was just me, thinking about how much my life has changed since Jay, Mal, Evie, and Carlos have gotten here. Because of them, I have realized that Chad is not the guy for me, Jay is. 

Never did I think I'd want you, always see you 'round my way.

Never had the strength to tell you, I kinda, sorta think you're great.

Strange for me to love someone who's better by themselves.

Hate to know I made you crazy for myself.

'Cause I do not want you thinking that my love's in vain,

'Cause baby I've been falling for you but falling back up out your way.

'Cause I can't let you lose yourself, looking for me.

And I can't let you make me your, your everything.

I just wanna be an escape, I just wanna be an escape.

Baby can we escape, escape, escape?

Admiring you from a distance, scared to go and make a move.

Didn't wanna be distracting, you be all up in your groove.

It's strange for me to wanna love someone who's raw all by themselves.

I'd hate for you to search for someone else.

'Cause I don't want you thinking that my love's in vain.

Baby I've been falling for you but falling up on out your way.

'Cause I can't let you lose yourself, looking for me.

And I can't let you make me your, your everything.

I just wanna be an escape, I just wanna be an escape.

Baby can we escape, escape, escape?

'Cause I've been keeping low, holding back, fighting the feelings that you've been giving.

And I've been trying to put it into words, but I can not be I'm singing.

I do not want you thinking that my love's in vain.

Baby I've been falling for you, been falling back up your way.

'Cause I can not let you lose yourself, looking for me.

And I can not let you do it, your everything.

I just wanna be an escape, I just wanna be an escape.

Baby can we escape, escape, escape?