It's a Family Reunion... Sort Of

Jay's POV

It was a new day and we started it off with another Remedial Goodness 101 class. As Carlos, Evie, Mal, and I walked in, I noticed Tia talking to Fairy Godmother "Hey, Tia." Mal greeted, she greeted back. "Well, princess, to what do I owe this pleasant surprise?" I asked as I walked up to her, she smiled at me "I came here to ask you a question." she told me "Ask away." I responded, it's been a few days since our little talk in her room, but we haven't really made the status of our relationship official. 

She sighed in nervousness "So, since Chad and I broke and he'll be walking down with Audrey and Ben's with Mal, I was wondering-" "I would be honored." I said, cutting her off. I knew she was going to ask me if I would walk her down during coronation "Great." she sighed happily, I kissed her hand lightly, before she left. 

"So, children, you know that tomorrow is Family Day." Fairy Godmother said to the four of us VKS, Family Day was when all the kings and queens took the day off and spent the day with their kids. We nodded "And since your parents aren't able to be there due to... uh, distance," she stuttered "I have had something arranged for the four of you." she finished. 

We looked at each other in curiosity, what could Fairy Godmother have planned for us? We then looked to the front of the library, there was a computer hooked up to a television "I don't see anything nor do I hear." Maleficent said as she was zoomed into the camera. 

We all walked up to the screen and waited for our somewhat old parents to figure out the video chat. Once they did, it was all pretty straightforward "Oh, Mal, I can't wait until I get my hands on that w-" Maleficent stopped herself from blowing her plan "I meant you, you little nugget that I love so much." she squeezed Mal's cheeks through the screen. 

"Carlos, are you holding a dog?" Cruella asked, pointing to Dude "Yeah, I am." Carlos responded "Why? It's full of disease, unlike my little baby." she said as she began to play with the dog toy on her shoulder "You know what? This dog loves me and I love him. You wouldn't know how that feels because your dog's not real!" Carlos snapped, I grabbed his shoulder. I could see he was getting riled up and Carlos never gets angry, so I did everyone a favor and turned off the video chat. 

I didn't say a word to my father, I didn't even look at him, ever since I've been here in Auradon, I haven't missed our relationship at all. "Thank you for trying, Fairy Godmother." Evie said, upset about others seeing the way our parents treat us "I'm sorry, sweetheart." FG said to us. 

We then began to leave "Mal, what do you think our parents are gonna do to us if we fail?" Evie asked, Mal stopped walking "I think they will be proud of us for trying." she said. 

"Really?" Carlos asked "No. We are definitely goners." Mal quickly responded. She was right, if we didn't get the wand, our parents would let us have it, and with my father, I really didn't want to deal with his disappointment and anger. 

Later that night, we were all gathered in me and Carlos' room, Mal had a map so we'd all know where we'd be standing "Jay and I will be in the very front, Evie and Carlos, you're up in the balcony." she told us. "Carlos?" she asked him to make sure he knew his part "So, I'll find our limo so we can break the barrier and uh... get back on the island with the wand." he stuttered, I looked at him, he just looked away. 

"Perfect. Evie, you will use this to take out the driver." Mal said as she handed Evie a knockout potion in a perfume bottle "Two sprays and he'll be out like a light." Mal told her, she nodded. 

Mal then looked at me "Jay, once the driver is out, it's your job to get the keys and the remote and be ready for us when we come out." she told me, I nodded my head, I was the only one with a driver's license out of the four of us, so my job was pretty simple. 

Once the plan was over, I just walked back to my bed and laid down, thinking about how much my life has changed here, for the better. I found something I love in tourney and sports, I've realized that didn't have to steal to be rich, I was rich in friendship with Mal, Evie, and Carlos. And Tia, she is just the most amazing girl, she makes me smile, she makes me laugh, she's just perfect. 

"M?!" I heard Evie say "You wanna break Ben's love spell?" she asked, Mal just looked down "Yeah. You know, for after." she responded skeptically. "I've just been thinking," Mal started "You know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon and destroy everything that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra...cruel." she finished with a sigh. 

"Jay, what about Tia?" Carlos asked me, I thought about her, which made me smile, I don't want to lose her, but when the villains invade Auradon and she finds out I was apart of it, she'll never forgive me. 

"Mal, you got anything for memory erase?" I asked, "Jay, you can't just forget about her." Mal said to me "Well, I have to. Once we go back home, all I'm going to think about is her and how I never got to be with her because I couldn't back down from my dad. I can't live like that, so it's better if I just forget about her and save myself from another heartbreak." I sighed. 

Mal got up to leave, but before she could, there was a knock on the door "Hey, T. What are you doing here?" Mal asked as she answered the door, trying to hide her sadness. "I just wanted to give you all something before Family Day, because of you know, what happened earlier." Tia smiled as she walked in. "This is for Evie." it was a gold necklace with a red ruby heart "Thank you." she mouthed to Tia, who smiled back. "For Carlos." he got a black and white dog tag with the Auradon crest in red, he smiled before pulling her in for a hug. 

"Mal." Tia said as she passed her a silver chain with a emerald jewel on it, and when Mal looked at it, I swear she had tears in her eyes "I have to go." I heard Mal say with sorrow before she stormed out of my room. "What happened?" Tia asked "It's nothing, just the chat with our parents earlier." Evie said, covering for her best friend, Tia nodded. 

"And Jay." she breathed out "This is for you." she said to me as she handed me a maroon beanie with the Auradon crest on it "I know how you like your beanies." she added, I chuckled. I can't believe she did this, even though it was something so small as a beanie, her thinking about me and knowing that I liked them meant so much to me. I pulled her in for a hug and I held her close to my chest, I felt this emotion begin to take over my body, but I composed myself. 

We all said our thanks yous and goodbyes as I walked Tia to the door "So, tomorrow's a big day." I said "Yeah, you'll finally get to meet my parents." she told me, oh God. "Don't be nervous. Once they get to know you, they'll love you." she reassured me, I smiled "Well, then. I'll see you tomorrow, princess." I smirked at her "Okay." she smiled as she began to walk away "And Tia?" I asked "Yeah?" she said as she turned around "Thank you. For everything."