Baking With Villains

Mal's POV

"Okay, we still need one tear. And none of us cry." I said as I eyed the recipe. Evie, Carlos, Jay, and I were currently in the kitchen making the love potion cookie. "Let's just cut up some onions." Carlos said "No." I scorned "It says we need a tear of human sadness and this potion gets the best reviews, so we have to follow it exactly." I finished. 

"A tear's a tear." Jay said rolling his eyes "That's not true, Jay. They both have antibodies and enzymes, but an emotional tear has more protein based hormones than a reflex tear." Evie said intelligently. We all looked in shock as she looked down in shyness. 

"I knew that." Jay said "You didn't." Carlos said as he slapped his arm "Yeah, I did." Jay told him "Listen to you." I whispered to Evie as the boys bickered "At least you finally gave up the dumb act." I smiled at her. 

"There you are, Mal!" Lonnie, the daughter of Mulan, said as she came into the kitchen, "Hey!" I said as I quickly covered up the spell book with a loose cloth. "Tons of girls want you to do their hair." Lonnie said. To get closer to the wand, I gave Jane a brand new hair makeover to make her more beautiful, and with a fifty dollar fee, I did the same to Lonnie, only making hers "cool hair". 

She looked at the bowl I was mixing "Midnight snack, huh?" What you guys making?" she asked, I looked at Evie, "Nothing special, just cookies." I said as Tia walked into the kitchen next. Well, this is just turning into a big kitchen party, isn't it? 

"Hey guys." Tia greeted us "Hey, Tia." Evie greeted back "What are you doing here?" she asked "I came to find Lonnie, your mom told me to come get you." she told Lonnie. 

"Okay, but before I go," she dipped her finger into the cookie batter, "No, No, No!" We shouted as she stuck her finger into her mouth. "What? I swear, I won't double dip." she said "Do you feel any different? Do you think it needs something?" I asked. 

Jay took this opportunity to see if the love had settled in. "Hey, there." he flirted, Lonnie looked at Tia in confusion and just turned her lips up. 

"Could use some chips

"Could use some chips." she said. Jay looked defeated, but he felt better when he realized he still had a chance with Tia. 

I, on the on the hand, was relieved that we didn't blow our plan like we did the first night "And those are?" I asked "Chocolate chips." Tia answered "Just the most important food group." Lonnie added. "Didn't your moms ever bake you chocolate chip cookies?" Tia asked. 

We all looked at each other, knowing the answer was no with our parents. "Like when you're feeling sad and they're fresh from the oven and she just makes you laugh and puts everything into perspective." Lonnie gawked, we stared sadly at her and Tia.

"Why are you all staring like that?" Tia asked, I looked down "It's just different where we're from." I said sadly, "Yeah, I know. I just thought... even villains love their kids." she said quietly. 

We all looked somberly, not sure about Lonnie's assumption. "Oh. How awful." she said as she grabbed my hand, and there it was. The tear, the tear of human sadness we were looking for. I swiped up her tear and dropped it in the potion really quick before she could notice. 

"Yeah, well, big bummer, but we have to get these into the oven. Thank you for coming by." I said to her as I pushed her towards the door "Okay. Bye." Lonnie said "Good night." she said "Good night. Evil dreams." I said as she left. 

"What was that about?" Tia asked "What was what?" Evie asked, putting on the dumb act once again, "The tear? Why'd you grab it?" Tia asked. I looked toward my friends "We just wanted to see what a real tear felt like." Carlos said. Great save, Carlos, great save. "Hey Dude!" Tia yelled as she went to pet Carlos' new dog friend, Dude, I took this time as a blessing that she moved away from the tear questions. 

"So, Tia, I have a question about the coronation." I said, she turned around to face me "Shoot." she said "Ben told me that you, Audrey, and Chad are able to stand in the front next to him, right?" I asked. She nodded "Yep, along with our parents and our significant others, but since the royal rule, I'm walking with Chad and Ben with Audrey." she rolled her eyes, she didn't seem too thrilled about standing with Chad. 

"Could that change by any chance?" I asked with a smile, she thought about it for a second before answering "I suppose if Ben and Audrey broke up and he got a new girlfriend, she would stand in the front. Same if Chad and I broke up." she told me as she looked at Jay and bit her lip. There was something going on between those two, and it wasn't magic, it was real. 

"So, if Ben got a new girlfriend, she would stand next to him when he becomes king?" I asked to get closure "That's correct." she said, answering my questions and confirming that our plan was a go. "Hey, shouldn't you be getting some rest? You have a big game tomorrow." Tia said to Jay "I'll get some soon enough. Will you be there? At the game?" Jay asked with big eyes. 

"A chance to see you get thrown around a field? I wouldn't miss it." Tia teased as her and Jay shared a laugh "Well, then I'll see you tomorrow." Jay said as he lead her to the door "I guess you will." Tia said back. "Cool." Jay said "Cool." Tia repeated. It was like some kind of weird love spell without the spell, just weird love. 

"Sorry to break the love connection here, but it's getting pretty late, Your Majesty." Carlos said awkwardly, "He's right, Do you want me to walk you to your room?" Jay asked "No, I'll be fine. Good night, you guys. Jay." she said "Until tomorrow, princess." he said with a smirk as she left and shut the door. 

As he turned back around, we were all staring at him "What are you all staring at?" he asked, none of us said anything, because he already knew, he had feelings for Tia and she had feelings for him, it was obvious. "We have cookies to bake, people!" he added "Right. Okay, boys, cookie sheets. Evie, oven." I said, it was time to bake some love cookies.