The Proclamation

Ben's POV

"Are you nervous?" My best friend, Tia, asked me "No." I said as I looked away "You look away when you lie." she said, Tia is the best friend a person could ever have, we've been friends ever since we were born and she knows me better than anybody else. 

"Stop worrying about it, it's your time to be king and this is your proclamation." she reassured me, I nodded "And I have your back, I'm right here with you." she said, I looked at her and smiled. She was right, my parents had their time of power, it's my turn and my time to give people a chance. 

I looked over to the Isle of the Lost as my tailor started doing measurements for my coronation suit. "How is it that you'll be crowned king next month, you're only a baby." My dad, The Beast or Adam, whichever one, said to me "I know, time flies, doesn't it?" Tia said to them. 

"It's not long until you're coronated as queen either, Tia." my mom, Belle, said "Oh, I know, 1 more year until I'm eighteen and a queen." Tia said with fake excitement in her voice. "Well, it's better than being coronated at sixteen." I said to her.

 "Sixteen! That's far too young to be crowned king, I didn't make a good decision until I was forty-two." My dad said "You decided to marry me at twenty-eight." My mom scoffed at him "It was either you or the teapot." my dad joked. I laughed at his joke as Tia and my mother rolled their eyes "I'm kidding." my dad said to my mom. 

Now was the time to tell them. "Mom, Dad, I've chosen my first official proclamation." I said to them as they looked at me with big eyes "I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon." I said.

 I watched the feeling drain from my mother's face as my dad looked at me with confusion and anger "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" he asked me "Yes, I mean, every time I look out to the island I feel like they've been abandoned." I told my father. 

"Don't you think there are too many of them?" My mom asked "We'll start with a few at first." Tia told her "And I've already chosen them." I proclaimed "Oh, have you?" my dad asked sarcastically as he walked towards me "I gave you a second chance." My mom said as she pulled him back, he had sympathy in his eyes, knowing it was true.

 "Who are their parents?" my mother asked "Cruella De Vil..." I started "Jafar..." I went on "The Evil Queen..." I said as I took one big breath "And Maleficent." I finished in nervousness. "Maleficent!" My dad yelled "She is the most evil villain in the land!" he shouted. 

"Dad, just hear me out." I tried to explain "I will not hear of it." He responded "They are guilty for unspeakable crimes." He said "But, their children are innocent." Tia added, she really did have my back. "Don't you think they deserve a chance a normal life?" I said, he looked in my eyes and could see my intentions, he saw that I was trying to do the right thing. 

"I suppose their children are innocent." He said as he smiled at me and started to walk away, my mom walked up to me, fixed my suit jacket and said "Well done." as she smiled. "Shall we?" she asked my father as they were leaving my room. 

"Not too shabby, Benjamin." Tia told me as smacked me upside the head lightly "This will turn out in the right, you'll see." She said before she left as well. My eyes wandered to the Isle and wondered about those four kids that would be coming to Auradon soon enough. I hope Tia is right.