Coronation

Jay's POV

I sat on Evie's bed, waiting for Mal to get ready. "Oh my God, how long does it take to put on a dress?" Carlos asked irritated "Carlos, beauty takes time. And patience." Evie told him. "I feel stupid." Carlos complained about his outfit "You look adorable." Evie said "So do you, Jay." I nodded "Thanks." I said, sadness lingering in my voice. I haven't talked to Tia since yesterday when I hit her, it was a total accident and I wish I could take it back. 

While I was in my head, Mal came out of the bathroom with this light purple gown on, and I have admit, she looked absolutely beautiful. "Oh, Mal. You look like a princess." Evie whispered in astonishment "Well, I'm not. We have a job here and we have to do it. For our parents." she said. We all looked at each other, knowing we didn't want to steal the wand, but we had to "There's no turning back now." Carlos said. 

I sighed "You good, bro?" Carlos asked me, I nodded "Yeah, I'm fine." he looked at me "That's a lie and a half." he stated. "Nothing's wrong, I'm just nervous." I said "The one and only Jay is nervous? I'm shocked." he fake gasped, I rolled my eyes "What if she never wants to speak to me again?" I asked, referring to Tia. 

"You'll never know if you don't talk to her first." Carlos told me "So, talk to her." he said after that, I opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off. "Look, I know it's hard for you to do. But if you don't, you'll never get the answers you're looking for." he said "Talk to Tia. It'll work out. I promise." he finished. 

I nodded "I hope you're right. I gotta go." I said as I got up off of Evie's bed "Yeah, me too." Mal responded "We'll see you guys at the castle." I told Evie and Carlos as Mal and I left. 

It was time for me to go pick up Tia from her room and ride down to coronation with her, I am crazy nervous. I know she's mad at me, even though Ben said she wasn't, I know she is. And now I have to tell her about how sorry I am, but I don't even know where to start. I guess I'll start by knocking on her door.

Tia's POV

I was in my room, waiting for Jay to come get me. I had my television programmed to the coronation and it was a commotion. As I watched the chaos, I heard a knock on my door, I assume that's Jay. I opened the door and it turned out that my assumptions were right, Jay was standing in front of me in a maroon leather button up shirt, he looked handsome as always. 

He stared at me for about a minute before saying anything "Tia, don't get me wrong, I've always thought you were a beautiful girl, but today, you are just... radiant." he admired me, which made me smile. 

"Thank you

"Thank you. You look pretty ravishing, yourself." I told him, he smiled a bit, but then he frowned. "T, babe, I am so sorry about what happened yesterday." he sighed "I never meant to hurt you and it was so stupid of me to go after Chad in the first place." he went on "I was just trying to protect my friends and you, but in the end, I just ruined my chance with your parents." he continued. 

"And I want you to know, that I would never, not even for a second, intentionally try to hurt you." he finished, I began to giggle. "What?" he asked me "I appreciate the apology, Jay, but I was never mad at you." I laughed, he turned his head at me "You weren't?" he asked "No. I know you were just trying to defend your friends and me. I can't be upset with you for that." I told him. 

"If anything, I should be thanking you. For taking care of me." I said as I grabbed his hand "So, thank you." he smiled at me "No problem, princess." he smirked. "I got you a gift." he said, I was curious, what could he have gotten me? He pulled out this tiny red box and handed it to me, I opened it up, it was a frog necklace with a T chained to it. 

"I wanted to give you something special

"I wanted to give you something special. It's not much, but I saw it and thought of you." he said "Jay. You didn't have to do that." I told him "And you didn't have to give me a chance when I first got here, but you did." he responded. 

"Well, I love it." I said 'And I didn't steal it." he laughed "I asked Ben to help me out after everything yesterday." he finished. I took the necklace out of the box and handed it to him to put around my neck, as he did I felt his warm fingers graze against my skin, just like the first day we met. 

"So, do you still believe us villains are cold blooded?" he asked me "Maybe. But not you." I said "Why?" he asked "Because you're not a villain." I told him, he smiled and pulled me in for a kiss. 

"So, princess, your carriage awaits." he said as he held out his arm, I hooked my arm around his and we made our way to coronation.

Mal's POV

I was sitting in a carriage with Ben, making way to the castle. This coronation was a big deal, everyone was so excited to see Ben become king, I think they were more excited then he was. I was nervous, what if I didn't succeed in getting the wand? My mom would kill me. "Don't be nervous." Ben distracted me "All you have to do is sit there and look beautiful. No problem there." he complimented me, I blushed. 

"Mal, would you wear my ring?" Ben asked me "Uh, not now." I stuttered "I think it would just fall right off me." I told him, he nodded and put the ring back on his finger. "I have something for you. For when you need strength." I said as I handed him the love potion antidote cupcake "You're always thinking." Ben responded, I laughed. "It looks so good, I can't wait." he said before he took a bite out the cupcake "No!" I yelled. 

He looked at me confused "What?" he asked "Nothing. Are you okay?" I asked him, he nodded "Would you say you still have really strong feelings for me?" I asked him. He thought about it "I don't know, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect." he said to me, I nodded "Okay. Wait, what?" I asked surprised. How did he know that I spelled him? "You knew?" I asked "That you spelled me? Yeah, I knew." he told me. 

"Look, I can explain-" I started, but he interrupted me "No, look, it's fine. You had a crush on me, I was with Audrey, you didn't trust that it could happen on its on own, am I right?" he asked me, I nodded "Yes. You are so right." I answered. 

"How long have you known?" I asked "Since our first date. Your spell wore off in the Enchanted Lake." he told me "So, what, you've just been faking it since then?" I asked him in anger. He then put his ring on my index finger and kissed my hand "I haven't been faking anything." he said to me as he smiled. 

We stopped in front of the castle, it was time for Ben to be a king, we stepped out and walked towards his parents. I looked at his father, Adam/The Beast "About the other day, I just-" he stopped me "I told Ben that this wouldn't be easy." he said "But you also taught me that a king has to believe in himself, even when it isn't easy." Ben told him. 

"I did?" Adam asked, Belle slapped his arm "How very wise of me." he responded. "Ben, we are so proud of you." Belle said "Keep listening to your heart." she added "Thanks, mom." Ben told her "You're gonna make a fine king." Adam told Ben before grabbing Belle's hand and escorting her away. 

Ben then walked up to me at me in my eyes "Wish me luck." he said as the bell rang for the coronation to start, a servant held his hand out for me, I gave Ben one more look before I left and went to my spot. 

It was time to do what I came here to do. It was time to steal Fairy Godmother's magic wand.