Happy Birthday, Mina!

(Y/N) = Your Name
Italics = Flashback
Underline = Japanese

(Y/N) POV

Mina and I had been childhood friends for quite the time. However, ever since she got accepted as a trainee and moved to Korea, we haven't been able to talk much. Today was a special day, though.

"Mina's birthday..." I whispered to myself as I got on the plane a day before.

I had now arrived at Korea and slept to prepare for tomorrow. Hearing a notification from my phone, I anxiously pick it up and unlock it.

Only some spam mail...

Shaking everything off, I fell back asleep.

Mina POV

Tomorrow was my birthday... It was going to be regular schedule so I figured that there wouldn't be much time to celebrate.

I wish I could see (Y/N) again...

I shook my head, knowing that they were all the way in Japan and most likely unable to come here. They probably even forgot about me!

Upon arriving in the JYP Entertainment place, I saw banners saying "happy birthday, Mina!" I read it in my head in (Y/N)'s voice for some reason.

Flashback
3rd POV

"Happy birthday, Mina," (Y/N) screamed while holding a cake.

Mina smiled at her energetic friend.

"You really didn't have to do this, you know," Mina said, with her gummy smile.

"I know! But I did! I got you a gift too!"

Out of nowhere, (Y/N) pulled out a blue penguin plush and handed it to Mina.

"Here! I hope you like it!"

"It's amazing!"

"I know it's not much but I figured that I should get you something!"

"No! This is perfect!"

"I'm glad."

Years later when Mina got casted

"So you're leaving, huh?"

"I'm so sorry, (Y/N)..."

"No. It's fine. As long as you're happy, so am I. It's like your birthday present."

With that, they parted ways.

Flashback over
Mina's Birthday
3rd POV

On Mina's birthday, she had to attend a fan meet. She was glad to see all te ONCEs show up and wish her a happy birthday. However, she missed one figure.

While the fans and members were interacting, there had only been one more person. This person had a black pierced cap and a black mask.

The members looked weary while talking to this person but still continued. The first member to greet this person was Nayeon.

"Hello! What's your name?"

"Uh..." The person tried their best to understand and speak Korean.

"My... Name is... (Y/N)."

"Are you Korean," Nayeon asked, feeling as if the name were familiar.

"... No... I am Japanese."