Happy Birthday, Jeongyeon!

2nd/3rd POV

At the airport, Jeongyeon was hugging someone's arm. That person was you.

Her smile was tired, yet genuine. She was enjoying the warmth of your arm.

The whole group got through the crowd and airport then proceeded to get on their plane.

"No... Sit next to me," Jeongyeon begged after you tried to get your arms unlinked.

You shot a look at the other managers.

"What should I do," you mouthed.

The managers ignored their peer and walked somewhere else as if they wanted you to sit next to Jeongyeon.

"I... I guess I'll sit here. Are you sure?"

She nodded, eyes looking slightly tired.

The plane eventually set off and Jeongyeon was nodding her head.

"You want me to recline your seat for you," you spoke up, concerned about the girl.

Jeongyeon shook her head "no."

"Your neck is going to hurt. You should do something."

"Can I sleep on your lap then?"

"There are couches, wanna move there?"

Too tired to answer, Jeongyeon fell asleep on your lap.

You sighed and carried the sleeping beauty over to the couch.

Right as you were about to leave, Jeongyeon let out a little, "wait."

"Mhm?"

"Sit here... I wanna rest my head on your lap."

And so you did.

Sitting on the edge of the couch, you felt Jeongyeon's head. She was slowly closing her eyes and you took out your phone, plugging the ear buds in.

You could feel Jeongyeon's little sighs and figured that she couldn't sleep to well. You turned on your ballads playlist and gently plugged in one of your ear buds in her ear.

You rest your eyes for a moment and look down to see Jeongyeon sleeping... With her glasses on.

Taking them off gently, you also begin to grow tired. However, before joining Jeongyeon in the dream land, you pat her head slightly, making her more comforted in her sleep.

Although you thought Jeongyeon didn't hear it, she did. A little phrase and confession, yet it held meaning.

"You did good today again... I love you..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy birthday to Jeongyeon!

1996, November 1
1996. 11. 1