Chapter 15: Blown cover

China

As the group made their way to China, James was now riding with Daphne and the pixies much to the trix's delight.

Right now Bloom was taking the lead since she has the diary and everyone else would be counting on her for directions.

"So what else does Eldora have to say in that diary of hers?" asked Stella.

"It looks like she's been just about everywhere in China" said Bloom.

"Oh well that's helpful, its not like China is one of the biggest countries in the world or anything!" said Musa sarcastically.

"That's true but following Eldora's path might reveal a way to lock the legendarium...and besides we're getting to see the world!" said Stella.

Meanwhile over at Daphne's balloon, the pixies were having dangerous fun again just because they can fly.

"Daphne I think the pixies are getting out of hand!" said James as he held onto the basket.

"I agree, pixies! That's enough!! Settle down right now!" shouted Daphne.

Unfortunately they weren't obeying and so things got dangerous.

"Don't worry, I know the perfect spell! As the nymph of Domino, I call upon the element of....!" said Daphne before she got interrupted.

The swinging around made the balloon quite unstable and even worse, James got thrown overboard and they had crashed into the 'students' balloon.

"James!!" shouted Daphne as she fired a magic rope around his leg.

Although Daphne saved him, James was now dangling up, down and sideways due to both gravity and the kinetic force he was generating by going up and down and side to side repeatedly.

"James, are you alright?!" asked Daphne as she tried to hang on.

"...........I HATE BUNGEE JUMPING SO MUCH!!!!" yelled James before he went back down screaming like a girl again.

"I must stabilize the balloon now! Element of water, protect us!" shouted Daphne.

Her spell did the trick and the balloon was now in balance once again. With that done, Daphne began pulling James back up, with some assistance from levitation magic.

"James, don't worry I've got you" said Daphne as she pulled him back into the basket.

"Thanks.........I think I may have leaked a little" said James.

"That was a close one!" shouted Flora.

"Don't worry girls! We'll get you on the ground without a scratch!" shouted Musa at the 'students'.

"Looking forward to it!" said 'Evy'.

"No one worries for me...." said James.

"There there...." said Daphne as she rubbed his head.

Over at Bloom's balloon, Bloom was continuing to read Eldora's diary for more directions.

"It seems that Eldora had spent a lot of time along the great wall" said Bloom.

"Then let's go higher and get a better view" said Aisha as she made the balloon go higher.

However it also became apparent that the temperature had dropped significantly the higher they went.

"Its freezing!" said Stella.

"Quite a change from the desert! The high altitude makes the air colder!" said Tecna.

"Then my high fashion will warm us up!" said Stella.

Her first attempt........didn't go so well...but her second attempt did the trick.