It's a new DAMN day.

With a start Beth rose to her feet. The floor was cold as the winter seemed to be heavier than before. More snow, lower temperatures and ice cold hearts. She silently got dressed and applied her makeup. Her skin was soft but her unmakeuped face showed her tired features. She hadn't slept well for a while.

In the dinner Hall all of the staff sat talking. Even Snape was talking with the headmaster. "Snape my boy do you mind bringing food to Miss Styles? She hasn't eaten in too long. None of the house elves have seen her for a dangerous amount of time." The professor shook his head. "She won't want me to do it. What about Mcgonagall?" The two other professors involved nodded and began questioning.

"What Mr Snape have you done?" The DA professor ignored them but Mcgonagall would not let it go so quickly. "You cannot ignore me." A huff sighed defeat. "I will bring her food." Was all he said as he stood up and left.

He approached her door with a house elf by his side and knocked politely. He hadn't spoken to Beth for about a week. The students were due to arrive soon and they hadn't spoken since he, in a rather strange way he noted, ended it with her. What ever he ended she was a little bothered but said nothing of it to him.

As the door opened he realised this was the first time he had seen her actually since that night. She had kept to herself and so had he. "Dumbledore asked that I give you food." Was all that Snape said. He got no reply but the small witch let the house elf in. "Aren't you going to say anything?" He asked harshly. "Thank you." She sounded quiet and Snape became angry. His voice roared "stupid woman. You are just so insufferable. You deserved everything you got." He realised what he had said as she cowered into her room.

The door was slightly open and Snape attempted to open the door. As he did so he saw her thanking the elf and placing the dish on he side. No intention of eating. "Eat you dunderhead." He demandingly shouted and Beth once again looked even more scared now than she did as his student. She violently shook. 'What if he hurts me like they did' was all her mind could think. She was so tired and scared she couldn't comprehend his words until he pushed her to her table. She knocked into it but decided to sit before he hurt her more.

As she finished eating and he watched, disapproving everything about the situation, she slightly let her guard down and he saw the fear in her eyes. She had the same look when her aunts were around or mentioned. He turned and left. He said nothing more. A sigh escaped her as she thanked what ever she could that he was gone.

Soon lunch arrived and all of the usual teachers sat at the table. "Did Boo eat her food this morning?" Minerva asked and a flick of guilt stole severus' features for a second before he nodded. "Why do you look guilty? What did you do?" The elder witch asked and Snape just ignored her. "No. This is the second occasion where you have done this. Today none the less. You will answer me Severus." She spoke harshly but Snape didn't respond.

Most teachers could hear the tone of the transfigurations teacher and so began listening. "Severus. You haven't hurt her have you?" The Scottish woman asked terrified of the answer. At this the angry professor rose to his feet and left. He was not alone though.

"Severus Tobias Snape what..." she stopped when she saw the young witch that was the topic of their conversation. "Ah. Boo. There you are. A word please. Mr Snape I haven't forgotten about you. I shall see you later."

"Mini. To what do I owe this pleasure?" The small witch asked when she was sure Severus had left. "I was wondering. Oh my dear how did you get that bruise?" The older witch examined the blackening bruise that was visible as her top was a crop top. The high wasted trousers she had on were too painful to wear so she changed into low cut ones. Not once had she thought to look. "Oh I didn't realise I had a bruise. I am so sorry I would have covered up if I had known. Look I have two bruises on my stomach now. My stomach did hurt now you mention it. Honestly I always have bruised easily." Beth felt a pang of fear in her heart when she said this, because of her aunts. Because of him.