Chapter 1

Virgil's POV:

It was a week before Patton's 10th birthday. He was upstairs playing with his toys. Roman and I had adopted Patton four years ago. I could remember it like yesterday.

~Four years ago~

Roman and I were on our way to the orphanage. I, obviously, was being anxious. "R-roman?" I said holding on to his arm. "Yes Love?" Roman answered. "W-what if he doesn't like us? What if he doesn't want to leave? What if his first parents were homophobic? What if-" Roman kissed my forehead. "No 'what ifs', we will go in and adopt our son. Okay?" "O-okay..."

~Present time~

I loved my family with all my heart. I heard a knock on the door, that was my que. "Patton!" Patton came running down the stairs. "Careful Bud." Roman called from the couch. "Sorry Dad. Yes Papa?" He looked at me with a glow in his eyes. His eyes always seem to sparkle. "There's someone at the door for you!" Patton ran to the door and opened it. "Unie Remy!" Remy picked up Patton and spun around the room. "Hey! How's my little fluff ball?" Patton giggled as Remy put him down. I walked over to the door to close it. "Hey Virge! How's everything?" I turned around and looked at Remy. "So far, so good." Remy looked surprised. "Wow, tbh I thought you would say, like, something dark." I chuckled. "I'm just in a happier mood nowadays."

***

After 20 minutes of chatting up with Remy, Roman and I had left Remy to babysit as we go out to get Patton's special surprise set up. We drove towards are friend's, Thomas, house. After a while of driving we arrived at Thomas's house.

288