Chapter 6

Patton's POV:

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I fell asleep on the couch, next to Logan. I smiled to myself while looking at him. His tie was over his shoulder, his glasses on the nightstand, his head tilted slightly. I got up and saw Papa making bacon. "Bacon!" I hopped over to the table. Not long after me Logan woke up. "Greetings, Patt." Logan still calls me Patt.  I smiled. "Morning, Logi!" He sat beside me and we waited for breakfast.

***

I had finished breakfast and decided to go outside. I sat next to the tree in our backyard. "...ton? Patton?" I turn my head to see Logan standing there. "Hi, Logi." I say slumping down the tree trunk. "Is something wrong, Patton?" Yes, I have strange feelings when your around. "No." Logan didn't look convinced. He sat next to me. "Are you sure? You don't seem satisfied." No... "Yes, I'm fine." "Okay then, call me if you need me." He got up and walked inside. I sighed. Why is it so hard to just tell him? I decided to ask Papa and Dad for help.

***

I looked on Dad and Papa's laptop and it said I was 'in love'. I walked into the kitchen and Papa was washing dishes. "Papa?" I said. Papa stayed turned towards the dishes. "Yes?" "What does love mean?" Papa stiffened and turned around to look at me. "Why are you asking?" Papa said giving me a glare. "I saw something online and it said 'in love'. What does that mean?" I asked. Papa sighed and turned the faucet off. "Okay, come here." Papa said sitting on a chair. I walked over to Papa and sat in a chair next to him. "Are you sure you want to know?" I nodded. Papa sighed again. "Well, love means you have a special connection with someone in a romantic way. Like your Dad and I, we are in love. There are many versions of love though."

After Papa explained I felt a little better but I was still confused. So I do like Logan. I smiled and thanked Papa then went to my room. I barely slept because Logan had to sleep in my room and I couldn't look away from his adorable sleeping face.

381

Hoi, I'm sorry, my only explanation is procrastination. ~ Myra