Chapter 43 - Rebirth

The Darker Side Of The Moon
Book 4 of The Black Moon series
Chapter 43: Rebirth

Jeremy's POV – Wednesday 16 March 2016

It's good to be me.

No, it's good to be me again!

No, it's good to be the new me!

I can't say it's good to be me again because it would be only partly true. So, the new me sounds more appropriate.

And the new me is Jeremy Campbell...

There are a lot of similarities between the old me and the new me, though. They both like sex, they are quite joyful, teasing, playful. The new me is just a bit more contained, or reserved if you prefer, in every domain. But at least, it's nothing like I was back end of August last year. I'm not scared to walk outside alone anymore. Even if the bastard who held me captive for seventeen months still hasn't been caught, I don't think I will ever see him again. I want to believe that he has been financially ruined after Noah escaped and that he'd never be able to put up something like he used to do in the past.

I have also lost all the guilt I used to feel toward Gary regarding the interactions I had with Timmy or Noah. Even if I got pleasure and comfort from them, I have understood it was not entirely consensual. More like a way to survive in the hell I was living in. Without them, I would have certainly died, either out of sadness or by committing suicide.

I am no longer scared of my relationship with Gary either. We have become a normal gay couple. We live together, have sex almost every day, make love several times a week. We share chores at home, even if I obviously do a little more than he does since he works a lot. We hold hands when we go out together, we cuddle and kiss a lot too. We have dates on a regular basis, going to the restaurant, the theatres or museums. We spend all our free time together and the only moments I miss him are the three or four days he travels to Chicago each month to attend meetings, like it is the case now.

This is the first time I am staying on my own in our house in Kensington, though, but I think I manage pretty well. More or less. Anyway, Gary will be back tomorrow, and I am already counting the hours until his return.

Seventeen more hours. Fuck! It's long!

I hope he won't have to stop by his father's office this time because I can't wait to see him. I can't wait for him to hold me in his arms and shower me with kisses. I can't wait for us to rip our clothes away and make love on the floor. This is what happened last month when he came back from the US... We just couldn't wait.

My husband is the best, I think to myself as I roll the ring around my finger, smiling stupidly while Dr. Fenton is staring at me. The same ring he passed from my right hand to my left hand less than three months ago. A similar ring to the one I bought for him and slipped around his finger on December 29th.

Last December flew by at the speed of light. There was so much to do to prepare our wedding, and Gary still had to attend his monthly meetings in Chicago. The good thing is that it allowed me to spend time with his mother and take care of many details, like sending out official invitations that we both crafted, defining the menu with the caterer, choosing decorations for the reception hall. Mary also took me to a tailor to buy a beautiful three-piece suit, and she did the same with her son separately when he returned from his business trip. I don't want to sound hoity-toity, but we looked quite awesome with Gary dressed in black and me in white.

Anyway, between my usual activities and the preparations, I was kept fully busy and it was all for the best. For one, it prevented me from brooding over the few remaining dark thoughts I had back then, especially as I was entering difficult parts of my book therapy, and then, it also helped to avoid thinking too much about the impending reunion with so many people from my past.