Epilogue

The Darker Side Of The Moon
Book 4 of The Black Moon series
Epilogue

Gary's POV – Monday 18 April 2016

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have just been cleared to land at the Chicago O'Hare airport. Please make sure one last time your seat belt is securely fastened. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check and pick up any remaining cups and glasses. Thank you."

Yes! Finally! I can hardly believe I'm hearing this!

Oh, I have heard it quite a few times over the past few months, but it never yielded comparable emotions as it does today, for the good reason that this time is different. On all my previous trips, the person sitting closest to me in my first-class seat was a stranger and hearing this message meant being away from my love for several days. Today, my neighbor is none other than my husband and this is our final trip to Chicago.

Yes, we're going back to Chicago. For good!

I have been waiting for this day for so long, it's hard to believe it's finally happening. The memory of my decision to move to England about seven months ago is still vivid in my head. I can't say it was a difficult one because at that time, it imposed itself as an obviousness. Jeremy's safety and healing were my priorities and however much I hated leaving the United States, my house and my friends, there were no other options. Jeremy needed a new environment to build himself back and recover from his long captivity, so I decided to offer him this opportunity.

I didn't care how long it would take, all that mattered was for him to get better. I did hope we would one day return to Illinois, but it could have taken months or years. Now I know it was the best decision I ever made. London was a breather for him. Luck was on our side because Dr. Graff introduced us to the best therapist in London and she did wonders with my love. She healed him in the best possible way. Back in August last year when I got Jeremy back, he was destroyed.

A wreck. Not even the shadow of himself.

I never suffered as much as seeing him like this and I had to react. I sorted everything out very quickly and in no time, we were moving to England. Just as quickly as I organized our return to Chicago. This came as another obviousness about two weeks ago when I overheard a conversation Jeremy was having with his friend Liam. I miss you and all the guys so much, Liam, I heard him say and there I had the last bit of motivation I needed to arrange our move back to the US, even if the idea had already wormed inside my head for some time.

First, there was Jeremy's recovery of course.

He had healed from most of his traumas and seeing him getting better over the last few months was already great. Then there was that afternoon I got back from my father's office and found him kneeling on our bed, naked. The day he asked me to become his Dominant again. The day he called me Master for the first time since he had been abducted. The day we had our first BDSM scene in two years. The day I realized he was ready to give our old lifestyle a new chance.

This was barely a month ago and ever since then, we have been working on this progressively as agreed with Dr. Fenton. We have only played light scenes, very slowly reintroducing accessories and intensity in our games. For now, it's only about using plugs, vibrators, comfortable leather restraints, cock rings and getting him used again to being edged.

We had very serious conversations together about our return to BDSM, communication is a key concept and we have been defining and redefining limits at least twice a week to see what he is ready to try or not. Spanking for pleasure has been reintroduced too, and I also used it once last week as a light punishment after he talked back, but flogging or anything else more intense will have to wait a little longer.