10

Aubrey

I swear I've never had more trouble picking a lock in my whole life.

Once I realized October was sleeping I found a bobby pin and started trying to open the door. I've done it a million times, this time it was extra hard. I knew I shouldn't have done that cause I knew she would do this. I really didn't know why she was like this but I planned on finding out. 

I opened the door to she her in a tight ball and her head tucked inside. I walked over and picked her up, trying not to wake her, it was going good until I laid her down and she woke up. She stared for a moment then sat up. 

"What are you still doing here?" She kept her voice normal. 

"I wanted to talk to you." I sat down on the edge of the bed. 

"Why did you do it Aubrey?" She stared down at the bed covers and played with them.

"October, I jus- I" I looked down. "I don't know. I like you, a lot." 

"Aubrey, I'm so sorry." I looked up at her. "I can't have a relationship with you."

"Why?" I ran my hands through my hair.

"Cause I can't." She crossed her arms. 

"Yes you can." I snapped a little. "October you can, you just don't want to."

"Okay you need to calm down." She said with attitude laced in her voice. 

"No October, you need to be considerate of other people''s feelings." I raised my voice a little. "I actually really like, no fuck, that liked you." I stood up and started pacing the room. "You didn't even think about my feelings or anything, you just don't wanna be with me."

"Aubrey calm down damn it." She keep her voice even. "You're the one not thinking of other people. Maybe I have things I'm dealing with." She looked down as soon as she said that. "Just never mind." 

"Wait, wait like what stuff?" I calmed down some, but was still a little heated. 

"Nothing." She nodded her head. "I'm not gonna tell you." 

"Oh my God, you're fucking impossible." I grew angry again. "I tell you shit but you can't tell me anything. Maybe you should open up some times and everyone wouldn't think you were such a bitch." She quickly crawled off of the bed and pushed me. 

"Aubrey shut the fuck up." She brought her fist up and hit me in the chest. "Get the fuck out of my house." She pushed me towards the window. I wasn't gonna fight her on this, I was just gonna let her cool off a little.  "Don't fucking talk to me again asshole." She yelled as she slammed the window shut and locked it. I sighed and started towards my house. 

Once I got inside I laid down on my bed. I was exhausted , it was about two o'clock. I just needed to chill out and talk to her in the morning. I closed my eyes and after a few minutes i drifted off to sleep.

**

 I ran my hands over my face and looked at the clock, it was about 12. 

I sighed as the memories of last night played in my mind. I swung my legs over the bed and onto the floor and stood. As I was walking to the bathroom I noticed a note it the window. I walked over, opened the window and unfolded it. 

Aubrey,

I'm sorry that I hurt you, I really didn't mean to. I think it would be best if we went back to the way we were and pretend this didn't happen. The money for your car, plus all the gas money you used on me this month, and the money for that dress, is in the envelope attached to the letter.

-October

 I walked to the chair in my room and sat down. I looked at the letter again and again. I didn't wanna call off the the whole deal but I wasn't gonna make her unhappy by making her stay. I pulled out the money and counted it, it was about 1,000 dollars, which was way more than what she owed. 

I sighed and stood, this wasn't gonna be the end of October and I, I was gonna find a way to fix it.

**

October

I walked over to the lunch table Hayley and Mel were at. I hadn't seen them in awhile because of Aubrey, in fact, I don't remember the last time I ate lunch with them. 

 "Hey guys." I smiled as I sat my tray down. I put my bag to the side as I sat. They both ignored me, but I wasn't giving up that easily. "So what have you guys been up to?"

"You wouldn't have to ask if you would have talked to us the past two weeks." Hayley mumbled. "Where's your new boyfriend? Did he finally come to his senses." I had to admit it hurt a little, but I deserved it.

"We weren't dating." I pulled out my fork and picked at the fruit. 

"October, the point is you ignored us for three weeks, three fucking weeks." Mel spoke up. "Over the asshole of the school."

"Look I'm sorry." I ran my fingers through my curly hair. "I know I could've made time for you guys."

"It's gonna take a lot more than sorry." Hayley mumbled and stood. She started walking out and Mel followed.

I set my fork down and leaned back into the chair. They had every right to be mad, I basically acted like they weren't there for three weeks. I put my head in my hands and tried to clear my mind. I needed something to help me forget this shit. I heard someone sit down across the table and I looked up. 

"Oh God." I mumbled and stood. I walked out of the cafeteria and down the hall, I knew he was following me. 

"October come on." Xaver yelled. I rolled my eyes and turned around.

"What?" I snapped at him. 

"I just wanna talk." He gave me that smile I used to love. "Now that you're done with that Aubrey nig-"

"I never started with him." I cut him off.

"Yeah, yeah." He reached out to touch me, which I quickly rejected. "October baby, I miss you."

"What makes you think I'm not hanging out with Aubrey anymore?" I crossed my arms.

"You've been with that nigga the past month, and today people are saying you haven't been seen with him." Xaver stepped a little closer, and I stepped back. "It can be like it used to October."

"I told you we were completely done this time." Xaver used to be my on and off boyfriend. We went through that cycle for a year and a few months, when he finally did something unforgivable. 

"Baby, please it was a mistake." He begged. "You know I love you."

"I don't care Xaver." I crossed my arms and turned around. 

"Baby, baby please." I knew he was right behind me.

"Sorry Xaver." I mumbled and keep walking. 

"Be like that then, but I will get you back." He said. I highly doubted it, he had done enough damage.

Besides, Xaver was the last thing on my mind, I was more worried about trying to win my friends back and trying to avoid Aubrey.

**

Comment and Vote

~Keyanna