32

October

I walked into the lunch room, of course, people had to stare at me. Damn, these fucking people never stopped staring at me. I sighed and walked over to the line. I quickly got my food and looked around for Marlon. He was sitting at a table with two girls and a guy. I nervously walked over and stood in front of him. 

"Hey it's October." He smiled and patted the seat next to him. I walked over and sat next to him. "Still nervous I see." A small smile crept on my lips. 

"How long have you been going here cutie?" The guy who asked was sitting on the table with a bag of chips. He was cute, not as cute as Marlon though. 

"She's new." Marlon said. "This is Griffin, that's Hazel and that is Fallon. We're all seniors, expect Hazel she's a Freshie. Her and Fallon are sisters." 

"I'm still the coolest." Hazel said. Both of them were gorgeous. I wouldn't have guessed Hazel was a freshman though. 

"Whatever Hazel." Griffin said. "So October, you got a boyfriend?"

"Uh, yeah." I blushed a little. "He's back in Florida though." 

"You know they say when you're in a different time zone you can date other people." I laughed. 

"Is that so?" 

"Yeah." He winked. "Trust me, we'll be together." 

"Griffin shut up." Fallon spoke up. "Just ignore both of them October. We're going out later, wanna come?"

"I don't know." I was a little hesitant. 

"Come on it'll be fun." Hazel smiled. 

"Fine." I sighed.

"Good, were do you stay?" I had to think for a moment before I told them my address. 

"Alright we'll pick you up at six." Marlon said.

** 

"Dad, I'm home." I yelled. 

"Your dad is at work." Deanna came from the kitchen. "I made you some snacks." I followed her to the kitchen and there sat a platter of food.

"Deanna, you didn't have to make all this." I said walking over to it.

"It's just so exciting having a someone come from school." She smiled. Since I've known Deanna, she's always been a little too perky. It was kinda annoying but at least she wasn't a bitch.

"Do you mind if I go out with some friends?" I asked taking an apple from the platter.

"Your dad and I had some plans to take you out today though." She said sadly.

"I know but you guys did want me to make friends."

"I guess you can." She sighed. "How long are you gonna be out?"

"Uh 12?" I said hesitantly.

"Okay." She nodded her head. I was surprised she agreed to 12. My curfew back in Florida was always 10. "I'm gonna get Autumn up." 

"Alright, my friends will be here any minute." I said as she walked upstairs.

"Okay, have fun." She yelled down. As I stuffed a cracker in my mouth I heard a car horn. I grabbed my purse and walked out of the house. I walked outside to see a black SUV parked in the driveway. I was surprised by how nice whoever's car this is was. I walked over to see the passenger seat empty so I climbed in. 

"Hey October." Marlon said pulling out of the driveway. 

"Hey." I saw everyone else sitting in the back. I examined the interior, noticing how new it looked. "Is this your car?"