18

Aubrey

I crossed my arms as my parents kept yelling at me. I didn't know they would be this mad I fought someone. 

After the fight I got a long ass lecture from the principal about fighting and the image of the school. I got all that shit but I could care less. It was annoying and I didn't plan on fighting anyone again, this was my first and last fight. I ended up being suspended for four days and I was waiting for my parents punishment. My parents thought them lecturing me would get the idea that it was bad through my head. 

"Aubrey Drake Graham, are you even listening?" My mom yelled.

"Yeah yeah." I mumbled.

"Okay then, tell us why you fought that boy." My dad spoke up. I really didn't wanna say it was about October cause they wouldn't like that very much. 

"Nothing." I crossed my arms.

"Aubrey if you don't tell us why you were fighting, there will be consequences." He glared at me.

"Dad, it was nothing, alright?" I raised my voice a little.

"Don't raise your voice at me." He said. "I'm giving you one more chance, tell me." I shrugged and looked away. "Alright, we're gonna do this the hard way then. You've lost your car privileges and you have to get a job." 

"What?" I yelled. Our agreement had always been to get school done, then get a job.

"That's a harsh punishment." My mom looked at him.

"I don't care." He looked at me. "I will not have a disrespectful kid that can't answer simple questions living here. He's starting to act like he has no sense and I think a job will fix that."

"Dad, I'm not getting a job." I mumbled. 

"Either job or leave." Even if I left I would have no where to stay. 

"Whatever." I sighed. 

"Go upstairs for awhile." He ordered. I got up and walked upstairs to my room. I really couldn't believe he was making me get a job. As if I didn't have enough work with school, now I gotta work. I looked at the clocked as I laid on my bed. October should be home in about an hour, so I would probably go see her then. 

I laid back and relaxed while I waited for her.

**

October

I climbed into CT's car.

I decided to go with CT and get some food. I hadn't heard from Aubrey today but I figured he was getting yelled at. I knew even if he got punished, he would find a way to come over. 

CT was on the way to drop me off at home. He was really my only ride because I left my car at my house and Aubrey took his home. As we pulled into my driveway he spoke.

"Text me and tell me what happened to Aubrey." I nodded and grabbed my bag.

"Thank you CT." I shut his door and headed up to my room. Once I was there I saw Aubrey laying on my bed. "Damn, I didn't expect to see you here."

"I found a way to sneak out." He said before I climbed on the bed and pecked his lips. 

"Are you okay?" I asked. He pulled me closer so I was pressed against his side.

"You're the only person that had asked me that today." He kissed my forehead. "And yes." I looked up at him a noticed he had the cut on his lip and his cheek was swollen more.

"Do you need some ice?" He nodded his head no. "If you need something just tell me." He leaned down and brought his lips to mine.

"Thank you." He mumbled. 

"How much trouble did you get in?" I ran my finger along his jawline.

"I have to get a job and can't use my car." He ran his fingers through my hair.

"That's not that bad." 

"Uh, yes it is." 

"Aubrey, it's just a job. They're easy." I told him. "I had one in the summer and it was easy. Just make coffee or some shit. I'll help you find an easy job."

"October, I don't want a job." 

"Well Aubrey. things don't always go your way." I pushed him away a little. "I mean you act like it's the worst thing."

"Alright chill." He sighed. "I won't complain about it." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "October come on, I'm not in the mood. I've had enough people pissed at me today, I don't need another." I knew he was right he didn't need me mad at him too.

"Sorry." I mumbled and got closer to him. 

"I gotta go home, my parents are gonna check on me soon." He kissed my forehead and started to get up. "Can you please come over to my house later?" 

"Yeah." He kissed me one more time before climbing out of the window. 

**

Aubrey

I climbed back into my room to see my mom sitting one my bed. I knew it was a bad idea to leave. 

"Hey mom..." I looked around.

"Where were you?" She asked.

"On a walk..." I didn't sound too convincing.

"Aubrey cut the shit, where were you?" 

"October's." I mumbled. "Did you tell dad I left?"

"No, I came in here to convince you that a job was a good thing." She said. "Why were you at that girl's house?"

"Cause I needed some homework." I lied.

"Were those her shoes the other day?" I sighed, I knew I couldn't lie.

"Yeah." 

"Is she why you fought that boy?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's her ex. But in my defense, he pushed her to the ground." 

"How long have you guys been dating?" 

"About a month." I told her. 

"I knew you were seeing some girl." I was confused for a moment. "I've come in here before and you weren't here. I didn't think it was October."

"Yeah I know." I smiled a bit. "She's amazing, she just gives me weird feelings." I looked back at my mom. "Please, don't tell dad. He'll be pissed I was sneaking out."

"I won't." She agreed. "I won't tell him, if you go get a job." 

"Deal." I nodded. 

"Alright Aubrey, just be careful." She stood up and started walking out of the room. 

 "Thanks by the way." She nodded and closed the door.

I'm just happy that wasn't my dad. He was mad enough and it he found out about that, I probably wouldn't be seeing October.

**

Comment and Vote

~Keyanna