Chap.4 "Maryland, My Maryland"

After crossing the state borders of Kentucky and West Virginia, Maryland is all that remained. The last time I was in the State of Maryland, It was a average state that I would not call good or better. We drove through rural areas with farm land bordering the lakes, Then Kirkland had put a cd of some Merle Haggard songs into the radio, My most favorite song of Merle Haggard was "Silver Wings". Once Silver Wings started to play, I immediately started to have flashbacks of the Seven Hours War, I became filled with emotions of sorrow and sadness. I still wanted to blame myself for all of the shit that Free America and Everyone had to go through but I said that the Man In The Blue Suit is responsible, The main purpose was that I needed to focus on the future for the revival of the country. As we all started to enter the city limits of Washington D.C., I was almost if not eager to see of what the whole city looked liked, But I would eventually guess it that it was in the same state that it was when I left it back during the start of the war.

Once we topped the hill to see the whole city, We were all in shock, The whole city was being in the process of being rebuilt. We started to honk the horns of the trucks signaling our return to the greatest capital in the country, Once on Main Street, We saw every single member of the Legion, Army, and Civilians just cheering and crying due to our return. While coming up on the street that leads to the senate building, I saw of what looked like a platoon of Combine soldiers waving white flags. I got off of the truck and shook hands with a colonel who was in charge of a Nationalistic Combine squad who betrayed the Universal Union, I talked with the Colonel who was saying that we had buried the President on the White House lawn. Me, Kirkland, Johnson and Starbanner all went to the White House where the whole damn war first began, I was always wondering if Pelley's body would have been under a burnt building or barred in the snow but now that I know that he was barred on the lawn I had to go see his grave.

We finally reached the White House which was in a state of utter decay, But the most Iconic thing I saw was the most big banner of the Silver Legion just flying as if nothing was happening, We all saluted it when we all passed by it. Still to this day, I almost if not regret to see Pelley's grave, I got a good look at his headstone in which reporters and press had recorded the event. I kneeled down and placed a reef on his headstone, I began to tear a bit but I had mustered courage. I then proceeded to get into the House and see if some people were hurt or possibly a garrison division. I got through the door and saw wounded and those being helped into the hospital which was located underground in the bunker, There were speakers blaring with patriotic music and broadcasts before the war. I then walked down a staircase that was built for storing weapons or explosives incase if all should fail, I picked up a camera of watched a hour long video of a Private named Jason R. Cutler. Jason was a technician that would survey the whole house incase if all the power goes out, Then when the end of the video came, Cutler was gunned down by a whole squad of combines.

I said nothing as I went up to where my room was and laid down on the bed just looking at the painting to my right side of the U.S.S. Constitution, To me, The painting kind of symbolized of what we all had been through. But now, I had to stop concentrating on or reviling the damn past and had to think of how we are going to get the whole country back together. One of my aides, Robert K. Harrison, Had suggested that Free America should have all fifty states rebuild but it would be painstaking due to how vast America was. I knew that getting this country up again was going to be a hard process but it was not impossible, It was going to be done by using the technique of the Manifest Destiny that was used during the frontier age. I then wanted to sleep after everything had happened, I feel into the most deepest sleep that anyone could have imagined.