Chap.19 "Arriving Back In Washington D.C. And Future Plans"

When I woke up, I notice that I didn't have a dream about the Blue Suited Menace. It was about damn time that I finally got a break from that strange suited person messing around with my mind, Anyways, I woke up and decided to have some coffee even though we were in Washington. I put on my morning robe and went to the machine, As the machine brew some coffee, I looked out the window and just starred down at the Airport personnel. They waved at me for which, I waved back at them with a gleeful expression. As I got my coffee and stepped out into the sun on the boarding ramp, There were still rebels and conscript's and remnants of the army still camped on the runways, I started to hum the tune of the Battle Hymn Of The Republic, The Legion's Marching Song. As my humming got louder so did the soldiers and peoples singing, Of where everybody was I thought to myself of where my staff was including Jake and MacArthur. However, I was more focused on getting my uniform on, I walked back into the plane and put on my Silvershirt uniform. I walked back out and walked down to the asphalt, I noticed that everything was still being repaired and said to myself that everything takes time.

While I walked around the runways, I decided to do some track to get some exercise. I decided to do three to five laps to steadily increase my mobility, As I ran up and down the runways, It reminded me of when I was back in school and I was reminiscing about it. After I ran those laps, I notice that everyone was recording me running with cameras. I smiled and just looked at the entrance to the baggage claim, I noticed at the baggage claim that it was usually full but for some areas around it it was all empty. However, There was a guitar just laying near a chair with a painting of the Colorado-Class Battleship U.S.S. West Virginia, I remember of when I was in band class back then and I use to play a steel guitar which was uncommon for a band. So I decided that in order to make some folks happy, I wanted to play a good song that I remember called "Country Roads". As I sang "Almost Heaven, West Virginia", Everyone started to gather around and sing with me. They even gave me a microphone which blared through the airports speakers, As we all sang the song made by John Denver, I just got the feeling that I was being watched.

As we got to the end of the song, Everybody cheered and clapped for me singing. As they all walked off back to baggage claim, I wanted to get into a Jeep of some kind to at least get me to the White House. I walked outside of the international airport and found a lot of people waiting for their family members to arrive, I felt a little worried but I was in high hopes, Everyone in their cars waved gleefully at me even though I had no aid. While I walked to the parking lot, I saw some soldier's who were of the Maryland National Guard, I proceeded over to them and said "Attention". They snapped to attention and I asked them of where in the hell was all of my manifest on the plane, They said that my manifest on the plane had gotten off at an early time and are at Andrews Air Force Base. Since they were at Andrews, I wanted to see if they could give me a lift to the White House, They all obliged by the order and gave me a ride to the House. Before we headed down the road, Captain Vance came out of a nearby hanger and said: "wait for me President". I said to him "Where have you been Captain?", He began to say that he was near the hangar for a couple of hours meeting with one of his long lost friends form back then. We finally got on the way towards the highway which was still being rebuilt after the war, Going down the highways, I got flashbacks to the battle of citadel.

It didn't really matter and I decided to focus on getting to the White House, After the long boring time that it took to finally make into the city. We were on Main Street and had to get through a few streets to get to Pennsylvania Avenue of where the White House was on, I tried to get in contact with Corporal Stephen H. Cooper who was in charge of defense operations of the city. As we past by historic monuments, I also started to have more flashbacks to of when the war began back then. We finally approached the White House which seemed almost like forever but I lasted, Everyone saluted me as I got off of the Jeep and onto the ground. I said to the butler Dietrich Xavier to get me some water, He said yes sir Mr President. While I walked up to the front doors, I received a report about the completed dreadnought battleships, I decided to ultimately focus on building both the South Carolina-Class and West Virginia-Class of Battleships. As I studied both designs of the battleships, I have said in a previous chapter that the South Carolina of 1936 was said not to be mistaken for the mighty Tillman/Virginia-Class of super Dreadnoughts but I have to say that I was ignorant that this South Carolina-Class was in fact a continuation of the Virginia-Class but modernized in 1936.