Chap.8 "Horror In The Dakotas"

After waking up from another damn nightmarish dream of the Blue Suited Menace, I proceeded down the stairs into the Office of the Chief. The office was in repairs but it was the only room of the White House that remained untouched by many of the damages outside, Meanwhile, Johnson and Kirk were packing up the damn truck and were getting ready for another long damn journey. By this time, I was exhausted enough to the point that I had almost past out which made me madder than hell. After that whole madding fervor, I started getting more reports about the portals that were going through phases at a time, These phases were pulsating as I looked outside a window that was covering the whole Lawn. The Main Street of where the M3 Lees were were just sitting there unmanned, I ordered some men who were in a tent on the Lawn to help pilot those deserted tanks. I received a request on behave of MacArthur to build a Farragut-Class Destroyer whose name and history was unknown, The Destroyers name was the U.S.S. Monaghan(DD-354), The Monaghan was a Farragut-Class which was made famous for ramming a Imperial Midget Submarine at Pearl Harbor during the attack. Monaghan was lost in a Typhoon near the Philippines during the war which it was not yet known of what made it an icon of protection and symbol of a shattered ship.

I however proceeded with this vessel to be built but I had other things to worry about like of what the hell was happening in the Dakotas, More and more people were becoming scared that there might be a possibility of a Balkanized America becoming a reality. I assured the people that "America becoming Balkanized" would mean that it would be nation taking up arms against another and it would not happen, More updates kept coming in like a bat out of hell. I remembered reading a book that was about a Balkanzied America in my 5th grade classroom that was called "1950, The Countries Butcherers". The book was written by Henry Turtledove who was also famous for writing the Timeline 191 and Southern Victory Series, Some people used to call me the Jake Featherston of the United States which I always got a laugh out of it. I was still looking up into the wild blue yonder and became calm as a peaceful lake, The wind stretched across my face like a birds wings. I then walked down to a cafe that was down the way but not to far from the White House, While being guarded, I was ordering some Red Velvet Cake which was my favorite desert or just something to have once in awhile.

After eating, I walked back and found Kleiner speaking with Starbanner, Kirk, and Johnson. I sat down in the Office again with the everybody and talked to Kleiner of what the hell was going on, More over, Kleiner had told me that something terrible had happened to the Dakotas while we were busy fighting the Combines. What Kleiner would tell me next would almost seem like a horrific nightmare, He said that there were murders that were done there, Some were so gruesome and grotesque that it would give someone a sickening feeling of total or pure insanity. I was willing to go up to the main city in North Dakota of where it happened, The City of Bleak was where it all took place. Bleak City, North Dakota was founded in 1889 and was well known for Ritualistic Murder, Murder, Robing, Arson, and worst of all, Building asylums for the reasons of Torture, Rape, and Killing. I also remember reading an article back when I was 19 of where Bleak City was raided by Occultists and taken over while the inhabitants were outnumbered and murdered, Sometimes, I always had a great wish for that damned city just to burn to the ground and be a long memory.

The entire reason for me to make a decision to go the City was to bring peace and restore order even if I have to be another General Sherman and burn it down to the damn ground, Another point that was being made was the fact that people were dying up there and needed help. I went to the War Room and discussed a plan to travel to Bleak City and to help the innocents who were under attack by thugs and hoodlums, My plan was the same as Shermans, To burn the whole damn city down and rebuild it with order. I knew this would paint a bad image but I said sometimes you have to be a bit cruel to end a damn bloodshed, Starbanner was a little freaked out by me as well as Kirk and Johnson but Vance decided to stay behind and watch Washington D.C. from being attacked. I told everyone that at dawn tomorrow, We leave for Bleak City and We Bring The Jubilee!.