1

STEFS POV:

I strolled into the station that morning thinking it would be any usual day at work, smiling away ready for my job until my captain shouted me over.

"FOSTER, my office please" I walked over to her office and positioned myself in the leather chair sitting directly opposite her.

"Hey captain Roberts, what is it?"

"I'm giving you a promotion. Congratulations detective foster!"

I was over the moon. I walked out of her office and all my peers made a tunnel of love as I exited the office. I slowly paced myself through the tunnel they had created for me as they all applauded and congratulated me. Stood at the end of the tunnel was my ex partner mark.

"Congratulations Foster, we all voted for you"

I turned around as a tear ran down my cheek remaining in a crease by my mouth until I stroke it away with my finger tips turning towards my audience owing them a thank you speech.

"I'd like to thank every single one of you for being so supportive and putting up with me. I know I can be a pain in the backside. But most of all I want to thank my partner mark who has been with me since day one. This force has been a second family to me and I'm going to miss each and every one of you" I say as I raise my coffee cup as a toast.

After my final day being 'officer foster' I headed home. I only lived in a small flat, but it was practical, close to work and a good size for one person. As I pulled into the parking lot I seen a women beside me with big frizzy hair carrying boxes out of her car barely even managing.

"Would you like a hand?" I ask trying to be a friendly neighbour. It was rare for me to interact with people near by due to my late shifts but I haven't to worry about that anymore.

"If you don't mind, I'm just moving in" she replies handing me a box written 'Lena files' on with thick black marker pen.

"So Lena, which one have you moved into?" I ask as I read her name off the box, she instantly thrown her head at me looking head to toe at me in my uniform.

"H-how do you know my name?"

"The box"

"Oh right sorry." She giggles and picked herself a box up labelled 'kitchen'. She continued to finish her sentence. "I've moved into 22B"

"No way, I'm 22A, I'm Stefanie by the way." I say unable to Great her with any kind of gesture due to this heavy box.

We head to 22B leaving the boxes on the island table in the kitchen.

"Would you like a drink?" She asks me holding up a bottle of wine. Today just gets luckier and luckier for me.

"Sure" I say sitting at a stool around the island. "So what do you do for a living?"

"Nothing as cool as police officer, but I write"

"Nice, and actually I'm not one to toot my own horn but I got a promotion, I'm a detective from now on forward" I say laughing instantly realising how big headed I sounded right now. Why am I so nervous? I looked down a blushes.

"Well that definitely deserves a glass of wine" she said passing me a glass. My fingers slowly pressed against hers brushing them slightly and I couldn't help but smile, she smiled too and it was beautiful, she was pretty and I could tell we would be great friends.

After my glass of wine I stood up ready to leave.

"Well this was lovely Lena, maybe when your settled in you can come over for dinner, I'm only upstairs"

"That sounds good Stefanie"

"Please, call me Stef but I should get going, thank you again."

I walked out and felt refreshed. I had finally met a neighbour who is a good friend, or at least will be a good friend.

I went home and slept the wine off, I was ready for my big day tomorrow as an official detective. This is something I wanted for so long but never would I think I would get it. I decided to call my mother, although I followed my fathers footsteps being in the police force, my mother was my go to women. My dad doesn't pay much interest to me anymore, since I told him I was gay.

"Hey mom"

"Stefanieeee, how are you honey?"

"I'm good thanks, actually I have some news"

"Well....go on tell me"

"I got a promotion"

I heard her scream down the phone as I pulled it away from my ear.

"Stef, I'm so proud of you, you deserve this"

"I'm finally a detective"

"We have to celebrate, breakfast tomorrow?"

"Sure, see you then mom"

I decided to get my head down, I switched my side lamp off and got some sleep. So many things was running through my head. My old job. My new job. My mother. My father. My new neighbour. So many great things happened today and I could talk to anyone about these, except my dad. The one person I would know who gets this. He would be so happy but he cannot support or understand my sexuality and I am not ok with that. It doesn't change me. I'm still his daughter, I just don't understand.

———————————————————
Coming up:

• Lena PoV
•Her writing
•Going to see Stef.

*************************************
Thank you for reading. I will start writing chapter two right away. Don't go anywhere and stay updated.

🌟please vote and comment your opinions. 🌟

Published date: 23/04/18