20

STEF'S POV:

I finally worked up my nerves to knock. I NEEDED to know why. Once I knew, I'd leave her alone if that's what she truly wanted.

*Knock!Knock!*

My palms were sweating, my butterflies were fluttering inside, my whole stomach turned sick from Lena's reaction to me standing at her door.

I heard the handle spin as I my heart stopped, the door slowly opened and I seen Dana stood there. She could tell I was emotionally broken and invited me in.

"Where's Lena?" I asked putting my hands into my pockets feeling uncomfortable.

"She's gone to get some wine, she'll be back soon" she said asking me to sit.

I sat beside her wondering why she had been so kind to me, surely she knows we've broken up.

"Do you know what's happened?" I asked as she nodded taking hold of my hands stopping the nerves.

"I don't know why though, I know she loves you but she didn't say why"

"That's why I'm here, I need to know why"

"So she broken up with you?" She asked as I nodded while she watched tears run from my eyes down to the folds of my chin.

"Oh sweetie... don't worry. You'll work this out" she said tapping my leg as I heard the door open seeing Lena behind me.

———-
LENA'S POV:

no.no.no. This cannot be happening right now. Stef couldn't be here, what if Tess find out? Oh my goodness, she's needs to go.

"You shouldn't be here Stef" i said remaining in the hallway keeping distance. I watched Stef turn and stand looking into my eyes. God I missed her so much and seeing her made everything so much harder, but I could risk us being hurt. Should I tell her?... no ... I can't.

"I need to know why honey, as soon as you tell me, I will be out of here, forever if that's what you wish" Stef said, hearing these words made me cry, I wiped away the tears. I had to be tough, hearing her say she is willing to go forever for me breaks me. I couldn't lose her but I didn't have any other choice.

"Please Stef, you need to go or..."

"Or what, please Lena"

I had to walk away, watching Stef beg for an explanation was hard. What was I supposed to say. I shut myself in my bedroom and my mother entertained Stef until hopefully she left.
————-
STEF'S POV:

She seemed just as hurt as me which confuses me even more! Why did she end this? I walked into the kitchen pouring myself a glass of water, I was totally unaware that my glass was overflowing under the tap and Dana switched it off for me.

"Honey, she will come to you" Dana hugged me as I fell into her arms breaking down. Lena could hear me crying from her bedroom and it's as if she didn't care.

"I should go, I'm not wanted here, just please get her to message me why" I asked as Dana nodded rubbing my arms.

"Also... could I take my spare key please?" I asked before I got to the front door.

"Yes, I think she keeps it in that draw" Dana said pointing to the draws beside me, as I opened it I seen keys, bills and other things that had been pointlessly tossed in there. But nothing caught my eye but an envelope, an envelope in which was hand writing I knew very well. I recognised the fancy swirly writing. It belonged to Tess. I slid the letter into my jacket picking up my spare key saying goodbye.

I slammed the door behind me pulling the envelope out from my jacket tapping it deciding whether to open it or not. As a cop, I knew when I had suspicions. And this wasn't good.

I turned it over seeing it had been opened, I pulled out the letter still stood around 1meter away from Lena's door as I started reading:

'Dear Lena,

First of all, I do not appreciate the way you pull Stef away from me. I do not like how you become so controlling and overpowering to Stef.

I get that your a crazy psycho and you became jealous of me, but thanks to your actions she's chosen you. You will be sorry Lena.

You cannot just flutter your eyes and steal her away from me. She was mine first so stop being a crazy bitch fighting for ownership and let her go before you break her heart.

Ps. If you tell her about this, you'll regret it and I will do something to Stef in return.

From Stef's best friend and true love: Tess'

OH MY GOSH!!! Tess had ruined everything between Lena and I, and now I understand. Lena was scared. I need to reassure her that everything was ok and she didn't need to worry, at least now the kiss from Tess made perfect sense. I rang Tess, as I heard her pick up the phone I didn't even give her chance to say 'hello':

"I SWEAR TO GOD TESS, YOU THREATEN LENA AGAIN AND YOU'RE DEAD! YOU HEAR ME!"

"Did she tell you that? It's just an excuse you know" she replied to me yells down the phone.

"NO, I FOUND THE LETTER, SHE DOESN'T KNOW BUT I NEVER EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN. YOU'RE DEAD TO ME." I hung up the phone and fell to the floor crying.
—————
LENA'S POV:

I heard Stef in the hallway shouting, until I heard the word 'Tess' I knew exactly what was going on. She had found out. I ran out seeing her on the floor looking absolutely terrified.

"What have you done?" I said rubbing my hands through my curls. I was shaking from the inside like and earth quake.

"Its ok, Lena ... why didn't you tell me?" My voice trembled, I could see her stand up and walk over to me.

"NO... you don't understand... she-she's going to-to make me regret telling you" I turned away Stef's hug of reassurance.

"She won't, im a cop and I can protect you if you feel threatened, I'm just glad this was the reason you broken up with me. I though you... I though you didn't l-love me" I said holding her tight not taking no for an answer, she needed a hug and she needed to be in my arms.

"I love you, with all my heart Stefanie, I just— I can't risk..." I interrupted her before she had chance to talk.

"No, I'm with you, I told her she's dead to me and I never want to see her again. She's not going to come and interfere with a cops life" I said lifting her head with her index finger lifting her chin to kiss her softly on the sweet lips I had missed.

——
A/N: so Stef knows,

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

SUGGESTIONS?

vote and comment :) x