Chapter 5

"Good morning"
I pull him into a hug. His cologne smells like...well, I don't know what but it smells good! It must be new.
"Good morning, where to?"
I shrug and smirk at him in response to the smile glued on his face.
"Alright, I know the perfect little bakery. It's not exactly close but the route is beautiful if I do say so myself"
-
"Table of two for Lindsey?"
"Right here!"
He grabs my hand in his, something we haven't done before and we follow the waitress to our table.
We're sitting outside on the balcony where there's a clear view of a small street filled with cute shops. In the distance you can see a park that's filled with flowers and in the air butterflies gather. The breeze is warm and the sun isn't too bright so it creates a soft glow upon his features.
"See anything you like?"
You.
"Actually it all seems so great, how about you choose?"
"Hmmm I'm not exactly sure what you like but everything here is so good, so we'll take a chance"
I nod and for a split second we just smile and stare at each other completely content to gaze into each other's eyes, then I quickly turn away. I must not let my walls down...
"Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom"
Once I'm locked away in the stall of the bathroom I just sit with my head in my hands. I'm so confused. He's so easy to be around and not that he's just an easy way to waste time but I want to spend my time with him. although we're just friends I feel like I'm doing something totally wrong here. I don't know why, I haven't dont anything exactly 'wrong' we just... hang out. He also makes me drool when I look at him but, hey, I'm just enjoying his looks. Nothing less, nothing more.
-
Lori and I are gossiping by the pool in her backyard while our husbands are enjoying a couple of drinks a few feet away by the bar.
"Hey ladies, what do ya say we all take the boat out for a couple of days? The weather is perfect for sailing right now"
Chris asks us with a bright and smiling face and it's hard to say no to him.
"Chris you said you'd take me to my doctors appointment?" Lori chimes in.
"What doctors appointment?" My brows knit together.
I look at my best friend wildly because she literally tells me everything. Okay, not everything because some thing are just too personal and are better left unsaid, for example my brother and hers love life, but almost everything else Im told about and vice versa.
"Oh I just have a little stomach bug"
"Well, what do you say I take you and the boys go out on the water?"
That catches Ray's attention and he lost me intently.
"You would do that?"
"Lori of course I would" I say without hesitation.
Chris eyes Ray and I cautiously
"You won't be mad at me for taking your husband?"
He jokes but he definitely means it. He senses our marriage is on the rocks and the only communication Ray and I have is based around my 'wifely duties' or what we're having for dinner.
"No, don't worry. Go do boy things and we'll do girl things"
I wink at Lori and it's settled.
-
Later that night while Ray is packing for four days on the water, which I'm not sure he'll be able to survive, I wonder about what I'm going to do on my free time. I can probably balance my time between Lori and Lindsey pretty well. He's going to be here tomorrow evening to groom the bushes, so I'll ask him then. Although there really is no point in asking to hang out with him, we meet up pretty frequently besides when I get to talk to him while he's working. Last week we had breakfast four days in a row. Ray seems to either not care or not even notice, I tell him I'm going to Lori's but I really only tell him that because it makes my conscious feel at ease. He never asks.
"Do you know where my pants are?"
I eye him suspiciously
"Which pants?"
"The brown ones"
I chuckle at his stupidity. It's clear he's a lawyer because he's definitely not an outdoorsman.
"Hon, you don't wear those type of clothes out on the sea"
I push his hand away when he tries to continue packing his bag
"I got this"
I smirk at him and he kisses my cheek then leaves the room.
I'm going to have to make my brother babysit Ray. Thankfully they both get along even though they're both completely different. I'm scared for Ray on this trip but I'm excited to have time to myself for a couple of days. I'm going to make sure they're well spent.