Chapter 3

(Christie's pov)
-7am-
My eyes open to see an unfamiliar room. I sense a warm body behind me, then turn around. It's Justin. Everything hits me. He saved me from myself. If I had just held on a little bit longer, he wouldn't have to see me like this. I know I have a lot of explaining to do for him.

It's been so long since I've felt Justin, heard Justin, seen Justin. I cautiously wrap my arms around him, careful not to trigger the bruises along my arms. Uncontrollably, I start to cry, because I missed him, I missed everything, and it feels so good to be in his arms again. Suddenly Justin tenses up before furrowing his dark eyebrows, groaning awake.
"Baby? Why are you crying?" Justin murmurs tiredly yet worriedly.
"I missed you," I sobbed in his bare tattooed chest.
"Fuck, baby don't cry," he shifts to his side to face me.
"Hey, Christie it's ok. I'm right here babe," he dries my eyes, and I soon calm down.
"How you feeling?" he lazily sits up, and holds me in his arms.
"I'm feeling better," I lie for the sake of his stress.
"You're beautiful," he smiles sweetly. In response, I blush, then use all my strength to get off the bed. Soon I realize I'm wearing an oversized shirt.
"What am I wearing?" I don't have the strength to turn around and look at Justin, so I just ask.
"Oh, Ryan's clothes,"Justin states nonchalantly.
"Oh," I wraps my arms around myself insecurely, not from the shirt, but because of everything. Justin quickly notices, then sits next to me while wrapping me up gently.

"I don't understand why people are so mean," I stare gloomily at the floor.
"Me neither," he responds softly, holding my hand; then we stay quiet for a while.
"I got your stuff last night babe," he sets my bag next to me.
"Oh, thank you," I unzip it, and pull out a sweater, my underwear, and a pair of skinny jeans that no longer fit me, since I shrunk sizes. I step into the bathroom and change, then meet Justin by his bed again.

"Can you please eat something baby?" Justin stands in front of me. I only nod, looking at the floor; then Justin leads me out to the kitchen. Nobody's awake yet, so we keep quiet. Justin searches through a couple weeks of grocery bags while I sit down on a chair.

While he's looking, I think about what my mom said about Justin. I'm glad I didn't end up believing it. Sitting here, I stare at Justin, not in the rude or seductive way, but in curiosity. He steps close to me, his shirtless body nearby. My eyes stare into his perfect chocolate brown ones as he opens a water bottle and pours me a glass of water. Suddenly, he pauses.
"What is it babe?" he furrows his eyebrows in concern.
"Nothing," I break eye contact. He puts a couple pills in my hand for me to take, then searches through the grocery bags again. He hands me a small yogurt and a spoon. I take it from him, then read the nutrition facts. 30 calories.

"Don't worry about that," he turns it around and hands me the spoon. Insecurely, I open it, and begin to eat slowly. As I do, Justin opens a pack of pop tarts, then sits by me.
"We're gonna move into an apartment in the city today," he speaks quietly. I nod before finishing my yogurt. I try to give my attention to Justin, but all I can think about is the calories.

"Thanks baby," he beams gratefully at me, and I give him a weak smile. He's about to say something when we hear groaning from the floor.
"Ugh, what time is it?" someone asks tiredly.
"8am," Justin smirks.
"You have any idea what it's like dealing with these dipshits?" Ryan trudges over to us tiredly.
"Tell me about it," Justin mumbles sarcastically, and Ryan chuckles.
"We heard that," another voice calls from the floor.
"Hey Chris," Ryan smiles amiably at me.
"Don't call her that," Justin mutters under his breath.
"Sorry...Christie," Ryan ignores Justin's grumpy attitude, then starts to search through the grocery bags.
"It's ok," I try to smile, but it doesn't go well.
"You guys wanna help pick out an apartment with us?" Justin stands up.
"Nah, you guys go ahead. Take the car," Ryan offers generously.
"Thanks man," Justin does some kind of handshake with him, then takes my hand and leads me gently out the door and into the car.