Chapter 37

(Christie's pov)

I was woken by a thump. I didn't feel Justin beside me. The bathroom light was on, but I heard silence. What is he doing in there? I forced myself out of bed put on a shirt, and gently knocked on the door. No answer. When I opened the door, the bathroom was filled with smoke. I coughed and tried to wave it off. It smelled like some kind of drug. I don't know, because I don't know any drugs besides marihuana and cocaine. I saw Justin against the wall, his eyes shut, and motionless. Was he sleeping?

"Justin"

I shook him. He didn't move. Oh no.

"Justin"

I shook him harder. My heart dropped quickly. I looked around for something to help, but only saw drugs, a syringe, and...pills. What is he on? Did he inject himself? I grabbed his arm and saw needle marks. There was a lump in my throat now, and I was shaking, stumbling up to my feet. I frantically rushed into the other room to see only Khalil on his laptop.

"Khalil please help me. Justin...he.."

I could barely speak, so I just pulled Khalil out of his chair and into our bathroom.

"Christie what is i-"

Khalil stopped when he saw Justin.

"Fuck, what happened?"

Khalil kneeled next to Justin.

"I-I don't know. I just woke up"

I was on the verge of tears right now.

"Shit, Justin"

Khalil fumbled around with the drugs and read the pill bottles. He sighed, then threw them frustratedly on the floor. He checked Justin's pulse, then sighed in relief.

"Is he ok? Please tell me he's-"

"He needs the hospital"

Khalil tried to lift him a few times, then grabbed Justin's hands and pulled him.

"Open the door for me"

Khalil dragged Justin to the door. I rushed to open the door for him.

"Get in the car, girl"

Khalil put Justin in the back, then started the car. My eyes were watered up, and I covered my mouth with my sleeves.

"He's ok, Christie"

Khalil drove with one hand. i nodded softly as I stared out the window.

"I'm gonna get somebody"

Khalil parked and rushed inside the hospital. When he came back out, there were nurses heading to the car. I cried softly.

"Come here, Christie. Let's go inside"

Khalil opened the door for me, and helped me out. We entered the waiting room, and I broke down in Khalil's shirt.

"Woah, Christie, it's ok. What happened in the first place?"

Khalil hugged me.

"I-I...there was smoke in the bathroom, and I don't know what he was doing. Is he ok? Khalil I don't have any idea what's happening"

I sobbed.

"He over did the drugs. I didn't know he injects himself. I didn't know he took pills either. Did he tell you anything?"

Khalil kept me in the hug.

"No"

I lied. I promised Justin I wouldn't tell anyone. All this time, he could've killed himself. Who knows how long he's been doing this. Suddenly, a phone went off.