Chapter 22

(Justin's pov)
I shove a couple guns in the pocket of my hoodie, then walk to the car. We all get in, with Ryan sharing the backseat with me and Christie. I pull her close enough so they can't hear us.
"Hey, I love you, baby," I whispered, planting a kiss on her head.
"I love you too." Grinning sheepishly, she wraps her arms around me. We stay like that until the car stops. I don't want to release her. Khalil parks across the street, out of sight.

"Alright babe, I'll be right back. Make sure the doors are locked. Don't worry, got it?" I kiss Christie, then squeeze her hand. She nods  before I order the others to stay until I signal them to come out.

"We will," Za states. I step out and walk across the street, taking a left towards the back of a brick building. My jaw clenches when I see Rico. Hardening my glare, I approach him.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I kept my jaw clenched and my guard up.
"The other night we lost a gang member, but of course, you already know that. It took us a while to replace him. I wanna let you know that you aren't getting away with that," he glares right back at me, but it has no effect on me.
"And?...." This is a big waste of time.
"And in return, we'll kill one of your gang members...or, maybe your bitch, to get us equal," Rico forms an evil smile on his face. He knows exactly what to say to tick me off. I can't control my anger, so I let it take over.
"Fuck you. I'm done talking," I hiss at him before walking away.

"You're right. It's time to fight," Rico snickers; then I hear multiple footsteps behind me. There's about 6 more guys wanting to fight. Shit. I give a discreet nod to the car, signaling Khalil, Za, and Ryan to come out.
"You must've thought I was stupid, believing you came unarmed," I snicker at Rico, pulling out the two guns in my pocket.
"You never fail to impress me, Bieber," Rico smirks back before walking away. What the hell?
Fucking coward.
"Aye fuck you! You should be running for your fucking life! Son of a bitch," I call out as he flees the scene. After he leaves, all 6 guys start to run towards us. I shoot at them, using my fists as well. Either way, we're kicking ass. These men suck. It's like their first time using a gun, compared to our gang. However, they can fight. I'm pretty sure I have a lot of bruises now. Plus, my arm hurts from being shoved on the ground.
"Justin!" A high-pitched scream echoes from behind me. Oh, fuck no. How did Christie get out of the car? Heart racing, I push and shove through all the guys to get to her. There are 2 guys holding her, about to hit her before I kick one of them to the ground.
"Don't fucking touch her!" I throw hard punches as the other guy tries to fight me. I notice the car window is broken. That's probably how Christie was taken out.

There's 2 more guys ready to fight me. Christie's on the gravel behind me. I'm standing in front of her, protecting her like a wall. For her sake, I try to fight all of them by hand, but I have to pull out my gun. I hate that Christie has to see this, but protecting her comes first. I shoot as many as I can until I hear a shot go towards me. Instantly I freeze, then let out a breath once I realize I'm unharmed. Wait...Oh no. I freeze again and turned around, despite the fact that there's still 2 more guys trying to fight me. I wasn't not shot, but that's means Christie was. She's bleeding from the lower side of her stomach, but there's so much blood. I can't tell where exactly she was shot. My heart shatters on the pavement. Anger and panic overwhelm me.
"Son of a bitch!" Snapping behind me, I shoot the last 2 guys in a heartbeat, then return to Christie's side.

"No no no, Christie keep breathing, baby. Don't give up," I yank off my hoodie to wrap it around her and press down on her stomach. Her breaths are sharp, making me feel like she's going to die at this exact moment.
"It's gonna be ok, babygirl. Just breathe. Please." A few tears slip out as I hold her upright and press on her wound.
"Khalil! Za! Ryan!" I yell loudly.
"Ju-ust-tin," Christie whimpers in my arms, barely audible.
"Christie I'm so sorry. Baby, please stay alive...for me," I let my voice crack and my walls crumble. Her breaths only grower shorter by the second.
"Shit, what happened?!" The guys sound frantic when they approach us.
"Call some help!" I order frantically. If I carry her for too long, she'll lose too much blood. The hospital is too far. Instead, I cautiously set her in the backseat, and Khalil quickly drives away from the area. Fuck. I don't wanna go back to jail if people recognize me, but for Christie I'll do anything. We arrive at the hospital. Christie's still breathing, but her eyes are halfway open.