Chapter 13

(Justin's pov)
-12pm-
I don't know what got into me yesterday. I guess it's just that I miss my family. I didn't mean for Christie to get hurt. Plus, the drugs were in control of me. Looking back on it, I was such a dick to her. I was an asshole.

Khalil said we have to meet up with a gang tonight. That means I have to be back by 8pm. Now Christie and I are at the library. We just finished eating breakfast. I don't know why she likes this place. It's boring and too quiet. There's just a bunch of books everywhere. I hate it, but Christie asked and I easily said yes. I couldn't say no, especially after how shitty I treated her yesterday. She's looking through the shelves. How does she find this fun? Books. Silence. Damn, I can't talk without getting in trouble. Plus, this place is like a freaking maze, so I stay close to Christie.
"Are you almost done, babe?" I whisper lazily as I lean against the bookshelf.
"Hold on, I'm just looking. Have patience," she whispers back with a smile.
"Ugh," I slump on the floor and study her black Vans.
"Shh!" I hear someone shush, but I can't see them due to the tall shelves. I stick my middle finger up even though nobody except Christie can see it.
"Justin," Christie slaps my hand, giggling quietly. I pull her close, lowering my hands to her waist once she's on her knees.

"You're so beautiful, baby," I lean in closer, then turn her around so I'm hovering over her. Her cheeks turn pink and I trace the scar on her neck. Biting her lip, she stares into my eyes before I kiss her. Her mouth opens slightly for my tongue to find hers. We kiss as my hands travel up her shirt. My teeth lightly scrape against her bottom, and I continue kissing her.

"Excuse me. This is a library." A strict voice informs in a loud, harsh whisper.
"Oh sorry, I forgot," I chuckle sarcastically, pulling Christie towards the exit. Once we step out, Christie giggles into her sleeves.
"You forgot? That's your excuse?" she grins while clinging to my arm.
"Yeah, it's not like you've got anything better," I smirk beguilingly at her.
"Whatever," she rolls her eyes in a playful manner. Chuckling, I hook my arm around her waist again and peck her cheek.
"We should do something else," she curiously glances around her, searching for an idea.
"Let's go to an aquarium," I suggest, and in response, she grins radiantly.
"That's a great idea!" I didn't know I could make Christie smile like that, especially with all the shit I've put her through. It truly makes my day.
Holding her hand, I lead her down a couple blocks to the aquarium. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of aquariums, or animals in general. I just care if Christie's happy. I'm tired of taking her on boring dates. She deserves a boyfriend that actually takes her places.

I pay for two tickets, then follow Christie as she gazes at the tall fish tanks.
"I've never been to an aquarium before." That explains why she's so amazed and star struck.
"Well, I guess I'm your first time for everything," I wink at her, and she just smiles and rolls her brown eyes.

"It's so cold in here," Christie hugs herself while studying the fish inside the tank.
"Here," I pull off my jacket, then offer it to her.
"Justin—"
"Take it, babe," I wrap it around her shoulders, ignoring her objections.
"I don't want you to be cold now," she reluctantly grips the material of my black jacket.
"Baby," I playfully scold her, giving her a look that assures her I'm fine. Christie smiles sheepishly under the blue lighting coming from the fish tanks. It makes me reach for her frail hand.

"I love this place," Christie steps into another room, where there's a waterfall and more animals. Turtles and more fish swim in the water, making Christie direct all her attention to them. Meanwhile, I fiddle with the lighter in my pocket, craving a cigarette. I'm not stressed, just trying to make things work out, for everyone. A bunch of people, especially the Mafias, are overwhelming me. The last thing I need is to be on bad terms with my girlfriend. I'd be able to cope with anything, except losing Christie, wether it's that she's mad at me or in serious danger. For her, I'd sacrifice everything, money, friends, time, and—if it came down to it—drugs. I'd choose her over my own life, and she's the only person that applies to that.

-10pm-
"Bro, you ready?" Ryan asks when Christie and I arrive back at the condo.
"Yeah," I lick my lips before taking her hand. After we're all in the car, I pull Christie closer, so that I can absorb her fragility.
"What are you gonna do?" she asks quietly, keeping it just between us two.
"To be honest, I'm not even sure. Khalil's the one who set this up," I crack a tiny side smirk, and she smiles as her eyes sparkle from the street lights.
The drive is longer than usual, since we're going to someplace outside town. Plus, there's traffic everywhere.

Christie's tired. I can tell by the way she rests her head against my shoulder.
"Almost there, babe," I whisper once Ryan finally parks in the middle of a parking lot. I let Christie stay in the car, since she's now falling asleep on my shoulder.
"What are we here for?" Locking the car, I ask Khalil as we saunter towards an old, brick building.
"I don't know. This guy wanted to make a deal with us," Khalil shrugs, and I sigh irascibly.
"It better be worth driving all the way out here."
We walk until we spot a three-man gang in front of the brick wall.
"Wassup?" the guy in the center of the group greets us, and I take it he's probably the leader.
"What do you wanna talk 'bout?" I ask, stepping up with my hands buried in the pockets of my hoodie.
"What's your girlfriend's name, Bieber?" he asks with a smirk, like he's already ready to press my buttons. I only intensify my glare.
"What do you wanna talk 'bout?"
I repeat, ignoring his irrelevant question. We're here to talk business.
"Christie, right?" His eyebrows raise in amusement, and I sense that he's trying to get a reaction out of me. If he really wants one, then he better keep talking shit to me. I've got a pretty good reaction in mind: his blood on my hands.
"What does this have to do with anything?" Za cuts in with an irritated tone to his voice.
"She's good in bed, yea?" Avoiding Za's comment, the guy broadens his smirk at me. Once again, if he's looking for a reaction out of me, he's only seconds away from getting one.
"Shut the hell up. Let's go, this jackass is wasting my time," I turn around, putting an end to this pointless conversation. Khalil, Za, and Ryan nod; then we begin to head back to the car.
"I'd fuck her hard." I hear the guy remark from behind, making me stop dead in my tracks.

My jaw clenches, and I turn back around to see a successful smirk on his face.
"Don't you ever fucking say that shit again, or I swear you'll end up dead in a lake before you can even finish it," I threaten harshly and press my finger against his chest, pushing him to the brick wall. My eyes grow cold, and anger boils in my veins. The knife in my pocket is so tempting.
"How 'bout your family?" he continues to add onto my anger. But I only stay quiet, letting the fiery enmity take over my body. And the guy proceeds.
"You seen them around lately?" Fuck. This bastard just made a big mistake.
"Justin, let's go. Don't pay attention to him," Ryan clasps his hand around my shoulder, but I don't move, don't even blink. Nobody EVER speaks about my family. I glare so coldly at the guy in front of me that I can see a hint of regret in his eyes.
"Justin, c'mon. Don't listen to him. Your girl—" Before I can stop myself, I yank the pocket knife out of my pocket and shove it right into his body, shoving it so deep that the blade touches the wall. His eyes widen and soon he whimpers as he lowers to the ground. His blood soaks my hands and arms, staining my shirt.
"Justin no!"
"Justin?" Suddenly, I hear a soft, frightened voice call out my name.

...Oh shit.

(A/N: I went to the dentist today, and my mouth is throbbing. They had to give a shot, which was horrible. Ugh😫😖 Hopefully it'll feel better soon. I'm on Easter break rn, so it's pretty nice. I'm currently rewatching Teen Wolf, which gets me every time!😱😍 Also next post is Out of Control on Saturday/Sunday)

 I'm currently rewatching Teen Wolf, which gets me every time!😱😍 Also next post is Out of Control on Saturday/Sunday)