Chapter 28

(Justin's pov)

-2pm-

I was talking to Christie when the guys walked in with food.

"We're back"

Za handed me the bag.

"Thanks bro"

I gave him a thank-you nod.

"We have a few things to do tonight, so we can't stay long"

Khalil said.

"You're leaving already?"

Christie moved her back away from from the pillows.

"Sorry girl. You'll see us tomorrow when you get out. Trust me, we'll be waiting for you"

Khalil smiled friendly at her.

"Ok"

She laid back against the bed.

"Let's eat, babe"

I took the food out, then we ate. After we ate, we laid beside each other with my arms around her shoulders. Her body was small and fragile, as always.

"Babe?"

I muttered in her soft hair.

"Yea?"

She mumbled in my neck.

"Are you wearing anything beneath this?"

I smirked, meaning toward her hospital gown.

"...just panties"

I felt her smile, probably blushing against my neck.

"Nice"

I chuckled quietly.

"Stop that"

Her hand wriggled into mine. I interlocked our fingers as I got sleepier.

-11pm-

Holy shit, it's 11pm?! How can I sleep that long?! Christie was asleep beside me, but I could tell she's been awake because she tied her hair back. Ugh, I'm still tired, even though I've slept a lot. That's one effect of drugs. During the nap, I felt random feelings of sadness. Like, I lost something important to me. I still had headaches and nausea, but I can sleep through that. I feel constant sleepiness. Ok, maybe I should've taken less drugs, because I feel terrible. I've been feeling terrible since the drugs wore off. Matter of fact, I've been a complete mess since Christie got shot. I can't get over it.

My stomach felt bad. I guess it's from eating too much while the drugs were still wearing off. I hopped off the bed to rush in the bathroom. I threw up until it was over. Yep, it's from the drugs. Once I caught my breath, I washed up and rinsed my mouth to freshen up a bit. After I got back in bed, Christie moved closer.

"are you alright?"

Her voice was tired yet worried.

"Yea, I didn't feel too good. I'm alright now, bae"

I pulled her in, and we fell back asleep.

-8am-

I got up extra early to get Christie some breakfast. I walked to McDonald's. I bought Christie a parfait and a breakfast platter, which I will be sharing with her. I also bought a hot chocolate and apple pie for us to share too. When I arrived in Christie's room, she was awake and bored.

"Good morning, bae"

I kissed her cheek and set the bag on the table in front of her.

"Hi Justin"