Chapter 32

(Justin's pov)

Christie hung up on me. Shit! No no no no no! Dammit! I'm not gonna stop looking for her until I find her. I lit up a cigarette, because I need to stay focused on finding Christie. Let's see. She could be at a coffee shop, library, music store, the mall. I looked in every coffee shop around the area where we lived. Nothing. Next, I looked in the library. I got lost a few times, but managed to look through every spot. Nothing. On my way out, I saw a familiar figure. Yes! I started to walk quickly toward her. She caught my eye. She took a double glance at me, then started to walk faster. Oh, she's not going anywhere. I caught up with her, and gripped her hand securely.

"No, stop Justin let me go!"

She yelled, so I pulled her aside before anyone could notice.

"Justin stop"

She tugged and pulled at my grip.

"No Christie. I need to talk to you"

I noticed a bruise on her cheek. I did that? Oh fuck, I'm a monster.

"I don't want to hear it"

She crossed her arms and looked down.

"Please, just let me say something...before you go"

It hurt to say that. She stayed quiet, signaling she was listening.

"I am so so so sorry. I know that means nothing to you, but I mean it. I feel really horrible for hurting you. I was so mad, because you thought I would actually cheat on you. I would never do that. I was too angry-Christie nobody has ever laid a hand on me and gotten away with it. So when you slapped me, I couldn't control myself. I know you'll never forgive me, but I'm sorry"

I stared in her dark brown eyes for the last time, then released my grip on her. She was crying in her sleeves.

"Bab-"

"Don't"

She stepped away. My heart fell dramatically. Shit, this is gonna hurt.

"Goodbye Justin"

Christie turned around and walked away. Tears filled up my eyes as I watched her walk away. I turned around so I didn't have to see it.

"Dammit"

I muttered while wiping my eyes. Suddenly, I felt someone hug me from behind.

"Christie?"

I moved her in front of me.

"I can't leave you, Justin"

She cried in my hoodie. I wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you so much, baby"

I lifted her off the ground and spun her.

"I love you too"

She smiled. I loved that.

"Look at me"

I put her down. She purposely hid the bruise with her hair. I tucked it behind her ear.

"Christie, I'm sorry for this"

I brushed my thumb over her cheek, making her wince.

"It's o-"

"No it's not. I can't live with myself"

I lowered my eyes.

"Justin, don't say that. I'm fine. I deserved it"

She shrugged.

"You didn't deserve it. It's not your fault"

I gently kissed her bruised cheek.