Chapter 27

(Christie's pov)

-8am-

What is Justin doing? He hasn't come back since last night. I hope he's ok. He seemed weird yesterday. Something happened that caused his to wake up like that. Maybe he spent the night at the condo.

I had a small yogurt for breakfast. I can eat dairy now. Yes! The door opened, making me turn quickly in hope of it being Justin. It was Khalil, Za, and Ryan. Wait, if Justin wasn't with them, then he didn't spend the night at the condo.

"Hey Chris, is Justin downstairs eating?"

Ryan sat in the chair that Justin sat.

"He, uhm, he hasn't come back since last night"

I muttered worriedly. They had all their attention on me now.

"Why? What happened?"

Ryan continued the conversation.

"I don't know. I think he had a bad dream, then he just left"

I stared at the empty cup of yogurt.

"I thought he might be with you guys, but..."

Honestly, I was worried and scared for Justin.

"Did he tell you what it was about?"

Za joined in quietly.

"No, but it's the second time, and he's was acting weird yesterday"

I told them as much as I could.

"Weird as in..."

Khalil wanted more details.

"Distant, happy, then sad, and short tempered"

I replied in a mutter.

"He probably still feels bad about the accident. Don't worry about him. I'm sure he just spent the night at McDonald's or something. He's done that before"

Khalil waved it off. Justin spent the night at McDonald's once? I had to hold in a laugh.

"Yea..."

I pushed the table to the side.

"You feeling better?"

Za asked.

"Yea, I can sit up by tomorrow"

I smiled, but I couldn't stop thinking about Justin.

"That's good"

Za smiled friendly at me. I smiled back.

"Oh, we brought you some more donuts"

Ryan handed me a cup of donut holes this time.

"Wow, thanks guys"

I smiled gratefully.

"Anyways, we better get going. We were on our way to breakfast and decided to drop by real quick. We'll keep an eye out for him just in case"

Khalil stood up.

"Ok, I'll see you later"

I waved goodbye, but they all kissed my cheek before leaving. I blushed slightly, then let myself start worrying more about Justin.

(Justin's pov)

-6pm-

It was a cold, gloomy morning. The sun was blocked my clouds. I groaned as I moved away from the wall. This is the part I hate about drugs. The shitty feeling after they wear off. The headaches, irritated eyes, sore throat, and queasy stomach. There was a horrible taste in my mouth and it hurt to breathe. I stood up cautiously, almost tripping. I checked the time. 10am. Shit, I need to get back to Christie. She's probably pissed. Ugh godammit!! Can I not fuck something up for once?! I kicked and punched the garbage can, hurting my knuckles and feet.