10) ...Now...

Tess' POV:

The sun was setting. It was not very close to becoming night; in fact, it was quite far from it rather then close... why do I remember this detail of my story?

Because I will always remember that particular night sky. This is becuase on the day that octoling attacked me, it was the day that I lost Marie and back then, I thought she was gone forever...

The thought of death was a new thing to me back then. I knew it existed, but I did not know hope to cope with it. This was the death of Marie Squidbeak and it tore me to shreds both physically and emotionally:

______________________________________________________________________
After running from Rachel and Joe:

I dashed home. I didn't care about anything anymore. Not my friends, not my family, not even the whole plot of saving the zapfish. I'm not even sure if I was even in sync with the world whilst I was dashing. As I crossed through the streets and the houses, the buildings scrolled past me. I realised my legs were aching from running as it seemed that I was getting tired. I stopped and bent down on my knees, breathing heavily as the mist of the cold air from my mouth left, I was hopeless.

I peeked my head up and saw the sun was starting to send itself down like the times it did before.

"Wow, did I really sleep for that long?"

I had managed to get some distance away from Rachel and Joe, so now I could use this time to relax. When I turned back, I realised just how far I ran from my friends and just how far I was from home: not very far. Rather then running, I chose to walk this time. I was too tired to sprint again. My walk was slow, but as I walked I was looking down at the pavement, watching each singular crack move before my eyes was something that everybody did, but I had only just found it pleasurable to look at right right at that moment.

I looked up a bit and saw some feet walking past me, might as well make way for this person. My foot edged left and the other persons foot leaned right. We were walking on a large road so that's why I chose to go on the left side. I didn't want to be rude and accidentally push the person on the road. As we passed, I took my time to look up but when I did, I straight away noticed the pinkish purple hair and when I looked higher I saw something else, the holes were outwards rather then inwards.

As my face lifted higher my eyes widened. I saw a smirk; that smirk contained the sharpest teeth I could have ever imagined and then what came next was a girly snicker. The persons arm went forward into my chest and the next thing that happened was me getting hurled into the road, the wind blew past me and all I heard was... nothing...

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Until that noise came upon me. I was felt deafness upon my ear for a moment, though, I could not tell whether it was me hallucinating.

"AAAAARRRRGH!!!" I screamed.

My face landed first into the ground but before any other part of my body could land the girl had dashed in a fast manner and knee kicked me further on to the other side of the road. I quickly tried to get up but I could see her about to dash at me again. I didn't have time to fully get up and as she ran to me I closed my eyes and prepared myself, only to open them as a van was passing through at higher speeds then the girl.

She made no effort to run to me and instead chose to jump back at a safe distance on the other side of the road. We were in opposite sides. I got up and as the van passed both me and the girl were frozen, looking at the van passing by making its loud noise, we stood very still until finally the van disappeared into existence. I tilted my head and saw her. She was an octoling. We've learnt about them in school, but what was she doing here in inkopolis and why hadn't she been caught already?