47) Value

Koy's POV:

On the rear bench within inkopolis square I settled Rachel down and sat next to her in order to attempt to make her feel better. Everyone else got the message and to make the time valuable, they decided to look for Tess to make her realise her actions. It was just me and Rachel.

"You feelin' better?"

A whimper, "I...I just can't do this anymore Koy. I feel guilty."

"It's not all your fault."

"Thanks..." A single tear fell down.

I felt bad. I was in deep thought within the few seconds we stayed silent. Soon I realised something that I could tell Rachel.

"It could be my fault actually..." She looked over at me, "I was the one who got you to join me. I was the one who started to go against Tess. I was the reason we all left her. In essence, without me...you would have all been friends."

"You forget something Koy. Without you, Tess would have died. That's a fact!" Her hands felt her face, "I'm the one who got her into turf wars. I'm the one who strolled up to her in our group and said 'hey, try turf wars with me!' And she agreed because she was looking for ways to earn money quickly."

"What are you implying here?"

"I'm the reason for her problems. I'm just..." A second tear appeared, "I'm just useless."

"Don't say that-"

"In the reef attack I lay unconscious. I was there and then when I woke up I found myself in front of my house. I never woke up to be part of the situation."

"You-"

"Stop Koy. Your amazing but I just need time with silence by my side."

She huddled her hands upon her face in a weak position. In that moment I saw her pain. I originally tried to help find Tess' secret to fix her friend group but in the end I broke it.

In all of this we could both still hear the music of the splatfest blasting everywhere. It was by far the most unfitting moment of my life but there was something special about it.

"I'm going to find Tess."

"Koy..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm sorry for her behaviour. I'm sorry that she can't accept you as a friend-"

"She will do the same for you at this rate. I'll find her Rachel. Wait for me and I'll fix all my mistakes."

"Thank you Koy. I mean it."

"I know. I bet that's because you'll take anything at this point." I chuckled to ease the tension but Rachel continued her position.

"I envy you Koy. Your so strong!"

"I'm not Rachel. I'm really not."

I ran out of the area to look around for Tess.

_______________________________________

The alleyway:

She's not there.

_______________________________________

The concert:

Not here either!

_______________________________________

Outside inkopolis square:

Not here surprisingly.

Rachel's waiting. How could Tess not feel any remorse for her actions today. She should feel betrayed but at the same time guilty.

A message appeared from Luka a few seconds later:

"Not to interrupt but Rachel's a little depressed right now."

I looked over it and began typing.

"Look for Tess Not Rachel."

"We did and she's not following!!! She says she doesn't want to see her 'stupid face' and as much as I want to pummel her, Rachel would not like that."

"Where is she?"

"Hanging our near that 'grizzco place' talkin to some shady stranger in a kimono. Seems fishy (pun not intended)."

"Do you really have time to put in bracket humour?!"

"Sorry...I felt like it."

"Anyway thanks. I'll check it out!"

"I'll try to calm down Rachel."

"That's appreciated. Thanks."

_______________________________________

TO BE CONTINUED...

Meet the cast:

1. Tess as the main character
2. Rachel as her best friend
3. Joe as the air-headed one
4. Kai as the smart guy
5. Koy as the rival
6. Marie as the mystery
7. The interviewer as the questioner
8. Octo oven as the first boss encounter
9. Sheldon as the weapon supplier
10. crusty Sean as the grub guy
11. Rachel's mom as the cautious one
12. purple 9 as the big octoling
13. Tess' mom as the mom
14. Marina as the kind one
15. Pearl as the sassy kid
16. Koy's mom as the strict parent
17. Koy's Dad as the chance-giver
18. Purple 8 as a trendsetter
19. Sora as the young brother
20. Luka as the older sister
21. Zen as Purple 7
22. Octo samurai as the second boss encounter
23. The teacher as the knowledge giver
24. Octostomp as the third boss encounter
25. Callie as the other squid sister

A/N: you all realise now why I wanted to write this so quickly don't you?"
But don't worry, there's more.

Considering the fact that Rachel had been the most innocent in this story I am SO ready for you guys to be shooketh. The next chappy will arrive soon.

Very soon *evil smirk*