60) Victim

Tess' POV:

When we were younger, me and Rachel used to hang around each other's houses to entertain each other.

One day, I felt amazingly friendly towards her, so I hugged her when it was her eighth birthday party. Our mothers stared at us in awe and they soon spoke up.

"You two are so close. I'm glad because your the types of friends who will always be together no matter what."

My mum nodded to Rachel's mum in agreement and they both stared at us. It took a while for that comment to process in my head but as I was listening to them, Rachel blushed a little.

In the time we were friends, I inherited her cocky attitude and she took my nice and shy personality. This meant, that after I fully processed the reply in my numb head, I pranced about to the two mothers and grinned cheekily.

"OF COURSE WE'RE FRIENDS!" I put another hug on Rachel tightly. "WE'LL ALWAYS BE FRIENDS. I'LL HELP RACHEL NO MATTER WHAT. I WONT EVER LET HER DIE!"

______________________________________________________________________

"RACHEL!!!"

Back then, I was exaggerating. I never meant those words to mean anything. The pair of mothers at the time laughed as well to this.

In need of guidance, I turned to Marie- she was already busy looking at Mask being held to the ground. I turned back to Rachel. I never even said sorry for anything I did, and yet she was dying before she could hear anything.

It all came back to me. Back then, when Mask launched herself at me, Rachel got in the way and shoved me aside.

"RACHEL!" I ran to her. "RACHEL, ANSWER ME!" It was now becoming unbearable to look at her. "RAAACHEEEL!"

I skidded into the ground and looked at her. Closed were her eyes; swollen were her bruises; red was her skin; broken was her life; broken was her heart; broken was her future.

"Rachel, please... wake up..."

Her eyes were still closed. Koy slowly walked up to her, causing me to look up. He was breathing heavily. Everything about Koy was unsettling. Both of us stared at Rachel. I was in a kneeling position, whilst Koy stood up hiding his emotions.

"Rachel, please... PLEASE-"

"I'm always here for you Tess."

I widened my eyes. Her fingers twitched but stopped moving straight afterwards. Soon, she could only bring her eyes to fix themselves up.

"Always..." A tear came out of her eyes.

Before I could sob, Koy knelt down alongside me. "Rachel, can you move?"

"No."

"Can you see anything?"

"No... again"

"Are you going to-"

"Die... I think so..." I heard a miniature sob come out from both of us. "We're idiots Koy. When we gave ourselves the mission of don't die... we forgot to check the safety leaflet."

"Rachel, don't start joking-"

"Why not-"

"YOUR LOSING IT RACHEL. PLEASE..." He tried raising her head gently. "PLEASE!"

At that moment, everybody came to see the site. Before speaking again to send her reply, Rachel saw everybody in the sight and inspected them for the final scene in her life. Koy was still trying to raise her up but she continued. I could see her red spots and liquid seeping from her body as she turned herself for a final look. Everything was horrible.

"Koy," The person she addressed suddenly focused on her only. "It hurts you know, it hurts when you raise me up like that; it hurts having these bruises; it hurts that I'm straining myself to even talk;it hurts speaking to you guys right now; it even hurts to live my final moments and see all your hurt faces."

"Please Rachel, don't think about us-"

"Think about me. That's what you want to say. I can't, it's impossible for me. It hurts to see all of you in those sad expressions, so can you complete a final deed before I go?"

"What is it?"

Everyone stood silent. We all waited for her. In the night sky and neon lights, everyone admired our last sight of Rachel. She was a fairly pretty girl, with fair white skin, middle-size eyes, and a long tentacle hanging off of one side. She seemed like the perfect friend in those final moments.

"I want you all..." All of us listened. "I want you all to smile!"

As soon as she said that, I felt a pang of pain hit me. Rachel adjusted her lips and did a slow, weak smile to all of us. We all watched her. It was horrible.

I remember this moment. It was the day me and Koy first connected. Why? Because as soon as she said that, both of us sobbed, cried, and screamed as loudly as our lungs could muster.

Marie, Kai, Joe, Purple 9 and Zen all came to me for comfort.

Luka, Sora, Marina and Pearl all came to Koy for comfort.

We both wailed. We cussed ourselves. We doubted the time we spent together. Our best friend was killed in front of our eyes and we were powerless.

Marie patted me. Luka spoke to Koy. Kai brought me tissues. Sora failed at distracting Koy.

All of this happened... and yet Rachel still lived to speak once more. "Smile... please."

"We can't Rachel!" We both cried to her.

"Just... say cheese..."

We did not want to. Both me and Koy could not do this anymore. After meeting Mask, I had already lost all hope in life, and now Rachel was dying.

When an inkling dies, their bodies decompose to a puddle of ink if it's a bloody and not inky injury. Rachel did just that, she started fading. We still felt sad.

"Let's do it all at once,"

When her legs were fading, we were still crying. When her stomach was fading, we were still bawling. When her arms and shoulders were fading, we got our heads up realising these were our final moments. Just as her head left, all three of us smiled.

"Cheese."

It was a horrible smile. Me and Koy were still filled with tears as she was leaving, but we watched her. As her face was slowly turning to ink. Her final words came out.

"Great job. Tess... Koy... I love you both, so don't fight please. It's my final wish..."

Her body was ink. Me and Koy fell to the ground. Everyone who was watching and standing looked down in sorrow. Everything was horrible.

______________________________________________________________________

You gonna continue the bundle?

Meet the cast:

1. Tess as the main character
2. Rachel as her best friend
3. Joe as the air-headed one
4. Kai as the smart guy
5. Koy as the rival
6. Marie as the mystery
7. The interviewer as the questioner
8. Octo oven as the first boss encounter
9. Sheldon as the weapon supplier
10. crusty Sean as the grub guy
11. Rachel's mom as the cautious one
12. purple 9 as the big octoling
13. Tess' mom as the mom
14. Marina as the kind one
15. Pearl as the sassy kid
16. Koy's mom as the strict parent
17. Koy's Dad as the chance-giver
18. Purple 8 as a trendsetter
19. Sora as the young brother
20. Luka as the older sister
21. Zen as Purple 7
22. Octo samurai as the second boss encounter
23. The teacher as the knowledge giver
24. Octostomp as the third boss encounter
25. Callie as the other squid sister
26. Octo shower as the fourth boss encounter
27. Mask as the new octoling in town