15. Broken freindship

Tess' POV:

It had been a whole week since I tried to recover info on the squid sisters. Nothing really changed in my research but I did manage to beat all the current kettles in the second sector so far, I even got all the sunken scrolls but that was only because this time I had a use for them, I needed them for information on my investigation. None of the ones apart from the second one were useful so far but I had my hopes high, I had to crack this, if Marie was gone then this time I really had to solve this, she wasn't gonna tell me anyway.

"Tess, why are you in my shop?"

I stopped my thoughts abruptly,I forgot I was in Sheldon's weapon shop. I stammered a bit, I needed an excuse as to why I was here, "uh...uh...I'm here because...I want an...enberry splat dualie..."

"Coming right up...you better have the money though!"

He went ahead into his roster of weapons, he had multiple copies of things like rollers, guns, sloshers and paint brushes. Sheldon designs most of his weapons which is why most inklings around here go to him, his weapons have the love of a true perfectionist but there was a payment to this, two in fact. The first was simple, it was to pay him full cash but before you would get to that Sheldon would always start an excruciatingly long chat about how and what the weapon your buying is about. This is normally a chance for him to show his nerdy skill and most inklings, me included, get really annoyed at this but we deal with it because we only have to hear it a few times.

"Here it is, should I explain how to use this weapon?"

"God no, your rambling is probably the reason most inklings think twice before entering your damn shop!"

"Well they still come in here anyway so I suppose this DAMN SHOP still has use for you squids!", after Sheldon said that he looked left and then right, "what did you actually come here for Tess?"

"I need a new weapon, I'm getting tired of splat dualies."

"Uh huh, any news on those scrolls I pointed out?"

"Non of the ones we have are useful apart from the second one, are you sure that there aren't any more kettles for me to hunt for?"

"Yes, your going to need to be patient, I think a scroll will come up on your info..."

"I hope...wait, don't you know who Marie is?"

"Who she WAS Tess, I know but it's not my place to tell you."

I groaned, why was it this hard to get info on Marie, "why can't you tell me?"

"Because Marie doesn't trust you enough to tell you, and you know she comes in here to buy weapons so if I told you I'd be in for it."