52) Seeker

Rachel's POV:

The seekers were overcrowding us. I quickly filled the final spot of non-coloured ink in the area and nodded to my friends. Quickly, I summoned my bubbler ability again and tapped Koy on the shoulder; he tapped someone else and the cycle repeated itself.

As soon as our powers connected we made a mad dash towards the alleyway.

"Why can't we super-jump?"

"Because then we may overland on more seekers."

We stopped on a safe dead end and quickly gasped for air. Our questions on the following events were big and we wasted no time asking.

"Wait, I don't think everyone's dead." We quickly faced Kai, "if we get our electricity back then we can use it to revive everybody."

"Wrong." Marie polished her parasol, "It takes a great deal of electricity to revive somebody. I had previously done it a long while back to revive somebody but it used my zapfish and the spares that we had in our supply."

"But could we still revive a few people?"

"No still. It's impossible to revive specific people and only octarian technology is designed for that sort of purpose. I should know, that's how I came back to life."

We were running thin of hope. Growing frustrated of reality however, Joe stepped in.

"But we can still-"

"Stop Joe, they're dead... we can't do anything about it."

It was shameful to be hearing this. Suddenly we heard a slippery noise being made. Marie quickly took her parasol.

"They're onto us. You guys escape and I'll hold them off!"

"But Marie-"

"GO NOW OR DIE!"

The words sunk in fast. The day seemed fake but Marie made it seem all too real. Everybody else ran apart from me. It took Koy to nudge me to realise I had to leave.

"There goes our info."

"Where's Marina?" It was Pearl.

I looked towards her, "I thought she ran as well..."

"That's what I thought, but the mad lad took off with Marie!"

"Oh no..."

I closed my eyes in disbelief. Today was a nightmare.

______________________________________________________________________

Marie's POV:

"I thought you wanted me to run away too. Why am I being dragged with you?"

"Trust me on this."

The seekers came in a big horde but I took out my parasol again and used it as a shield. The ink splatted everywhere and finally landed on the base of the umbrella. Soon however, two octolings appeared.

"Yo agent 2, yo Marina!"

Marina stood shocked. I was about to reply to the octolings but in rage, Marina got out her splat blaster and aimed at Purple 9.

"MARINA, THEY'RE-"

"I know, our enemies that we should discuss how to deal with. But let me handle this!"

"NO YOU IDIO-"

She quickly ran to Purple 9 and did an uppercut which sent her flying.

"I'm not afraid of you anymore Purple 9!"

"ROSE!!!" Zen shielded the girl. "Marina, allow us to-"

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

Marina charged ahead and tried to take on the two people in front of us. They all squid-jumped upon the top of a building where I could not see. Before I could chase after however, another army of seekers came.

"Crap!"

I took my parasol but it was shredded from the force of the previous ink barrage. Behind the seekers was the Octo shower as well; it was spraying purple ink along the ground. The danger levels were rising!

I tried to head back but I soon realised the dead end that was previously discussed. There was nothing more I could do.

______________________________________________________________________

Tess' POV:

"LOOK, AGENT 2 IS GONNA DIE!!!"

Mask broke out into more laughter. I wanted to help out but I was too weak to do anything. Mask quickly walked away from me.

"Your free to live on. I'm going to take on agent 2. Feel free to die by the hands of the shower!" I groaned which made Mask look back. She smirked. "On second thought, I've always wanted to do this..."

She crept up to me and kicked me in the stomach, "BOOM!!!"

I fell off the tower. I could hear the distant sounds of cackling from Mask but I didn't care anymore. Below me was the area of the Octo shower. I was going to die and so was everyone else.

That's right...

Nothing mattered anymore...

______________________________________________________________________

You gonna continue the bundle?

Meet the cast:

1. Tess as the main character
2. Rachel as her best friend
3. Joe as the air-headed one
4. Kai as the smart guy
5. Koy as the rival
6. Marie as the mystery
7. The interviewer as the questioner
8. Octo oven as the first boss encounter
9. Sheldon as the weapon supplier
10. crusty Sean as the grub guy
11. Rachel's mom as the cautious one
12. purple 9 as the big octoling
13. Tess' mom as the mom
14. Marina as the kind one
15. Pearl as the sassy kid
16. Koy's mom as the strict parent
17. Koy's Dad as the chance-giver
18. Purple 8 as a trendsetter
19. Sora as the young brother
20. Luka as the older sister
21. Zen as Purple 7
22. Octo samurai as the second boss encounter
23. The teacher as the knowledge giver
24. Octostomp as the third boss encounter
25. Callie as the other squid sister
26. Octo shower as the fourth boss encounter
27. Mask as the new octoling in town