17. Family matters

Koy's POV:

I was grounded for a month. It was understandable, I guess I went too far in the rule breaking department but I just couldn't help it. My father has been part of the investigation on octarians for years now and the fact that Tess could be, no, is part of it just struck me. I didn't tell my dad about this though, when Tess left and Dad was going to investigate I told him that Tess was too shy to talk and he didn't mind but he told me that next time I should at least let him talk to Tess. I said yes and we never spoke about that incident since. Today was a different story, he was fully mad at me and I was sent to my room to reflect on what happened, I don't regret what I did, but Tess wil, soon. While I was lying in my bed I realised that the sun was setting. I walked up to close the curtain and heard noises.

"You don't have to walk me home Marina..."

"Relax Tess, I need to make sure your safe."

"Yeah yeah, whatever!"

Tess looked towards the house, she saw me and I saw her. We looked silently at each other for a few seconds until I closed the curtain. I breathed heavily and peeked at the curtain again, she was gone. I jumped at my bed and lied down, what had my life become? It was because of this one chance encounter that my reputation had gone completely upside down and my parents weren't looking at me anymore like they used to. This one girl was dragging everyone she loved and cared about with her into a ditch of secrets that were yet to be unraveled. I smashed my fist into the wall beside my bed and swore that I would find Tess' secret, she has one and I've only just started with this. If my father was working on the investigation of octarians then I will work on an investigation of my own right after I've not been grounded. I will find out what Tess is up to in no time at all.

______________________________________________________________________
Rachel's POV:

"Wait Koy actually did that?!"

"Uh...yeah..."

I expected this reaction from Joe, he would be the type of person to say that sort of thing, "aww man...wish I saw it..."

"JOE!!!"

"What!?"

"Tess just got attacked, shouldn't we go check on her?"

"I dunno...I feel like the mood isn't right."

"Mood...isn't...right?"

"Look, let's just wait for a week or so before checking up on Tess ok?"

"Ok fine, I'll call you if anything else happens all right?"

"Right, see ya."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and put it in my pocket.

"So what happened?"

I turned over to Kai, "nothing much, he was shocked as expected."

Me and Kai were heading back to our homes to relax after that hectic match we were watching.

"You know Kai, that promise you made to me doesn't seem to be happening."

"It will, I'm sure of it."

We continued walking, "you know...remember what Koy said...about how Tess is changing our lives..."

"Yeah...I'm remembering that..."

"Well...I feel like he's right, as much as I would hate to say it."