22. Revival

Purple 9's POV:

Yesterday wasn't fun at all...

I was looking forward to getting my revenge on Tess but it didn't work out too much, and worse was that I was put in a position of betrayal. Well at least that part had meaning, there was a reason I handed that stupid inkling the mini zapfish but I too had little knowledge of why I did it. Well I guess today was a time to find out then, I slowly stepped forward into the octoling shrine of Resurrection. Back when inklings were residing peacefully in our territory we used to swap, collect and even share zapfish power to be better suited for the future. This underground wasteland had a spherical glass in the middle and an electronic box with multiple buttons to press and a screen, it was said that inklings and octarians used this to bring back people from the dead. As long as they didn't die from old age though then it would work.

I sat beside the glass sphere, making sure my back was leaning against it, now we just had to wait for one more person... 

  ______________________________________________________________________
The day before, in the reef attack:

I stood near the zapfish I was forced to guard, why couldn't I just finish off Tess?

It would have given me so much satisfaction to do so. I guess this was Zen's stupid plan. I bashed my foot into the zapfish container glass but it didn't react in any way. I could tell that the inkling was going to be approaching by the green ink layered all over the reef. I slowely got out my octo-shot, I didn't feel like doing anything, why was that?

My body collapsed on the floor, I wasn't tired so why was this happening. Soon I did not have time to think about it however as my phone started buzzing, I picked it up.

"PURPLE 9 I HAVE TO TELL YOU SO-"

"I'm not in the mood...what does it concern?"

It was purple 7, I had no idea why she was calling me though...

"OK, it concerns agent 2 and-"

"I DON'T CARE ANYMORE, IT'S BECAUSE OF HER I LOST MY BIG ROLE AND IT'S BECAUSE OF HER THIS ENTIRE MISSION HAS GONE DOWN FOR ME!!!"

"Nine, just hear me out. According to inkoplian law if an entity has been missing for a month or later then they will be known and classified as missing. When did you manage to beat agent 2 out of existence?"

"Like, a few weeks ago, but why does it matter? As long as she's not famous or anything then it won't be big..."

"Purple 9...you have no idea how people are reacting to her disappearance, she's a musical legend in inkopolis and right now her fans are probably wishing that she will come before the month."

"OK, so what if they find her missing. Look, I really don't have time for this crap so stop-"

"We'd be found out if they noticed. Considering how many octoling attacks we've already done I think they might catch up on out antics."

I froze at what she said next, "Purple 8, you do realize that I fail to see your point right?"

"OK...think of it this way, remember what I told you about how our new master was planned to kill agent two?"

"Yeah..."

"If we can manage to bring her back then you'll be undoing your mistake that made you get demoted in the first place. You might even be promoted into a higher position."

"WAIT, so whilst it may seem like we're helping the inklings, we're actually deceiving them?!"

"EXACTLY, do you still have that zapfish you stole from agent 2?!"