ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ

Quote : Good things don't always mean good endings

-

And then everything fell apart

"Jungkook." Jimin sang softly as he walked back out of the bathroom and pushed the material of the sweater in his hands over his damp hair and onto his shivering torso. His eyebrows furrowed at the silence as he watched Jungkook sleep snuggled into the bed. He was still laying in the position that Jimin had left him when he slid out of his arms to get into the shower. 

"Awe my baby." The older cooed and walked across the room to slide on his vans that were pressed against the wall. He smiled at the warmth around his toes and bent down to pick up his dance bag before letting it rest on his shoulder comfortably not yet heavy enough to make it uncomfortable since there was no water bottles in it yet. 

He tried to keep his steps quiet as he walked across the room to pull his cellphone off of the charger and shove it into his back pocket. He smiled down at his lover who was sleeping soundly on the bed and leaned to press a soft kiss against his forehead. Jimin's lips pulled down in a sad pout when his fiance's forehead didn't wrinkle and his lips didn't curve up even in his sleep as it did every morning when he repeated the same routine before grabbing his waters and walking out of the apartment to get into Hoseok's car and go to the dance studio to anxiously wait for his kids class to see his favorite seven year old Jungwook. 

Jimin raised his hand to feel Jungkook's forehead worried if he was sick and in a deeper sleep than usual which was the only time he didn't react to the older but he pouted when he found his lovers head to be normal temperature. He set down his bag and sat on the side of the bed in the area free beside Jungkook's waist.

"Kookie." Jimin said and lightly shook the younger one's shoulders to push him awake. "Kookie." He said again louder and shook him a bit harder pouting at the lack of response. He sighed and let his eyes trail over his body taking in every detail before trailing back up to his face. Jimin rested his hand on the sleeping boys cheek and began caressing it with his thumb, freezing when he noticed something wrong. He couldn't feel the soft gusts of air circulating in and out of Jungkook's nostrils when he ran his finger over his lips softly. 

"Jungkook." Jimin said slightly panicked and pressed his body to shake him. Once again there was no response and he could feel a stressed tear sliding out of his left eye that he quickly wiped away. He pressed his head to the boys chest and sucked in a stuttering breath before jumping up from the bed and pulling his phone out to call the ambulance. "I need help my fiance isn't breathing." Jimin stuttered out and gave the operator the address three times before it was completely understood by the person he was speaking to. 

Once the call was completed Jimin rubbed the fast falling tears sliding down his face aggressively as he stumbled back to the bed and pulled the sheets off of his body shaking at noticing his chest not moving up and down as it usually did. "Baby don't leave me." Jimin begged rubbing his hand against Jungkook's still face and jumping when there was a loud pounding knock against the door. He jumped off the bed and unlocked the door to reveal Hoseok standing at the door in his casual wear staring at Jimin with a confused tilted head. 

"Jimin are you okay?" Hoseok asked straightening up noticing the streams of tears sliding down the face of the younger. Jimin fell into the arms of his best friend who squeezed him tightly despite not understanding the situation. "Jungkook-" He was interrupted by loud sirens and three loud voices asking where his fiance was. Jimin's fingers shook as he pointed down the hall. "Bedroom."

"Baby what's going on?" Hoseok asked as he supported the younger into the living room to settle his shaking frame on the cushions of the couch. Jimin flinched in on himself as he watched the stretcher being carried by the MT's out of the apartment to put his fiance inside the ambulance leaving Jimin in ruins. "He-he" Jimin took in a deep breath shaking "He wasn't breathing."