Two Months Later

Haley scrolled through her phone, today was finally the day they'd come back. She never thought she would miss the boys this much, one especially more than the others, mostly she was mad at her luck because Harry was busy all the time would take hours or sometimes days to reply to her texts, to Haley's surprise she talked to Harrison way more than Harry. She curled her hair around her fingers,

“GRACE WE NEED YOU AT TABLE FIVE.” Her boss shouted, she quickly slid her phone into her pocket and ran to the table. For another two hours, she ran in and out of kitchens, waiting tables, serving food. She finally threw her apron and decided to take a cab home, she checked her pockets for money, which only had the tips she received that day, “Disappointing but not surprising.” Her phone buzzed, it was a text from the University of Toronto, saying that it was her last chance to pay her tuition fee and start there. She sighed. “Need a ride?” Haley looked up from her phone.

“Nathan James, always saving me from miserable walks home.” She smiled and got in his car, Nathan had been a true to friend to her in the past two months, he looked after Freddie, dropped him off to school, picked him up from school, brought them food, babysat when Haley was working.

“So Haley, what are you doing this Saturday?” Nathan asked, eyes glued to the road.

“Well, Haz is coming back so I might spend some time with him other than that I'm free.”

“Great, I'm taking you out, we can drop Freddie at his friend's, I want it to be just us.” He said.

“Alright.” Haley said. The car stopped,

“So what are you gonna tell them? That you never went to university?” Nathan asked. “You should've told them the truth.”

“I really wanted to, Nate, but you don't know Tom he would've tried to help me somehow, and I don't wanna be someone's charity. Freddie and I can fend for our selves even if it means that I don't get to go to college.”

“Well, it's your life I can't say much. Good luck.” He said, turning his face forwards.

Haley opened the door and got out, a sudden wave of realization hit her “Oh crap! I forgot—” Nathan pulled a take out bag from the back seat. Haley sighed in relief, “What would I go without you?” She quickly kissed his cheek and ran upstairs.

“Freddie, I'm home!” Haley shouted, taking her bag and the take out and placing it on the table.

“Hales, uh there's someone here to see you.” Freddie said, to her surprise, Harrison rushed into her arms, a big smile formed on her face, as she pulled away.

“OH MY GOD HAZ WHEN DID YOU GET HERE? YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HERE FOR ATLEAST FOUR HOURS. HOW?” she said and hugged him again, while Freddie dug into the take out bag.

“No time for questions, Tom's waiting in the car downstairs. Let's go.” he said.

“But–” before she could finish, Freddie said with a mouthful of fries, “Zach and Kat are picking me up.”

“We've got it covered don't worry, just put on something other than your uniform and let's go.” Haz said.

Haley rushed into her room, she opened her wardrobe, she saw Harry's sweater and smiled at it. Finally, she thought, she could feel the butterflies in her stomach, she shook her head quickly put on a crop top and some jeans, the only thing that was ironed in her closet, as she walked out haz took out his phone and took a picture.