Family Affair

Harry felt a sinking feeling in his stomach, he was disappointed in himself. Part of him wanted to run back and avoid Carly all together, Besides, Haley would be back tomorrow and things would be fine when he saw her again. Wouldn't they?

He sat at the table outside the cafe, he twiddled his thumbs, the anxiety was slowly killing him. From the corner of the street, he saw her. The ex-love of his life. The girl he thought he would spend the rest of his days with, the girl who broke his heart.

“Hi Harry. Have you ordered yet?”

“What do you want Carly?” He said, abruptly.

“I was thinking of getting a latte—”

“No. What do you want from me? Why did you ask to meet up?”

“I'm gonna cut to the chase and be honest with you. I miss you Harry. I miss what we had.”

There it was. The thing Harry was afraid of. Before she could continue he replied rudely, “What Justin not around anymore?”

“Harry please, I still love you.” She placed her hand on his, to which Harry immediately yanked it away, “And I know you still love me too.”

“I— I don't. There's .. there's someone else.” He said, looking at the ground.

“Harry. Whoever she is, I know you could never love her as much as you love me.” She said. That was it. That triggered the Harry who had spend months hating Carly.

“You're right. I love her more than I ever loved you. You're wrong about everything Carly.” He said, getting up and grabbing his car keys.

“If you love this girl so much, why did you agree to meet with me? Where is she now?” He could feel a smirk in her tone. Before his rage would trigger him to do something he'd regret he stormed into his car and drove.

“C'mon Hales. You have to try this one it's amazing.” Jess said, stuffing another bite of cake into Haley's mouth. Harrison looked at her and laughed,

“Jess I'm full this is the 8th cake we're testing come on.” She said.

“But it could be my wedding cake.” The gorgeous blonde pouted. Haley groaned and took a bite.

“Mmmm divine. Now can we go?” She said, turning as Harrison was laughing behind her she lightly slapped his arm, “Stop it.”

“I love your family.” Harrison laughed as Haley and Jess went on testing.

Soon they got home, Haley was freshening up for dinner when Jason walked into her room, Freddie and Harrison were on the bed eyes glued to the laptop screen, they had decided to share the room since Haley was away most of the time she decided to spare any minute she could spent with Freddie.

“So Hales, don't kill me but there's something you need to know.” Jason said, he had tone. The tone where Haley knew Jason had fucked something up.

“Whaaat?” She asked.

“So you know how I told you that Jess wanted you here. Well I kinda lied. It wasn't Jess. It was dad.”