"I will always love you."

What have I done?
What have I done?
Why have I done this?
What is wrong with me?

Haley thought as she pulled away from Harrison. Harrison, he felt like the world would fall into place the moment he would kiss Haley but instead he felt nothing, nothing but guilt, guilt because this was his best friend's ex-girlfriend and she was his best friend. His friend who he thought he had feelings for, who he had thought would have fireworks kissing her but instead he felt nothing. No sparks, no fireworks, nothing. She looked at him, "Oh God. I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me I just, Haz. I'm sorry." She said, he took her by the arms and slowly walked her inside. Harry stood in the corner of the front lawn, shattered.

"I'm so sorry. I made things so awkward now. I don't know why I did that. It's just Harry. Ugh Harry he keeps messing with my head and probably Carly's." She ranted, outside thunder roared.

"It's alright Haley. I get you wanted to hurt him, but this really wasn't the way you should've done it."

"I know I'm so sorry." She started to cry. She felt like dying.

"It's okay, I know it meant nothing to me or you. We're best friends. Nothing can come between us."

"When did you get so cheesy?" She started, her voice broken, from the crying.

"Learnt from the best." He said, trying to cheer her up. Instead she turned to the other side and cried more. Harrison sat down next to her, his phone rang, he went outside for a bit, after handing Haley a towel. She sat there shivering, she got up as Harry walked in, he didn't get much closer he stood at the edge of the room.

He said slowly, choking up, "I .. I was coming to tell you that Carly just needed a place to crash .. so Um, she slept over it was late so uh I couldn't let her go home, but then you saw her and then you left and I came after you .." He tried to finish, Haley stood up, the towel fell from her shoulders to the ground, she took a step forward as Harry took a step back.

"Harry I-"

"Save it. Please. I guess we're even now?" He said, his vision was getting blurry from the water in his eyes.

"It meant nothing, I swear, I just felt angry, I felt betrayed like you had hurt me again-"

"So you kissed another guy? No, better yet you kissed Harrison, the whole reason I doubted you, guess I wasn't wrong."

"It wasn't like that I wasn't thinking I was just mad. Carly barely had any clothes on, she was in your room at 1 am, how would you react?"

"I would let you explain yourself like I am doing now." His voice rose, "You know me, Haley. Did you really think I would hurt you like that again?"

"No I knew you, before the last month in Montreal, I would've swore on my life you would never ever cheat on me, but you did, then I couldn't trust you anymore and I-" Haley stopped, and turned, her lips stopped forming words, as a tear fell down her left cheek. She looked at him, "Listen to me, it didn't mean a thing. Please let's get over this Harry." She walked towards him and took his hand, his gaze was on the ground, "Harry. Please. I love you."

He looked into her eyes, he wanted to yell and scream and punch things, in this moment, he hated everything in his life. "I don't think we can. We hurt each other too much." He said, fighting every impulse of his heart that wanted to give this another chance, watching her expression fall, she felt her heart sink even further, she felt guilt and hatred towards herself, "We just can't trust each other. We can't be together if we don't have trust."