Connection

"It's been a long time, (First name)" my heart was pounding as I made eye contact with him.

"Yomo-san..." I immediately looked away from his gaze, feeling guilty for breaking the promise I made to my sister. He took a step forward and put his mask away.

"Surprised to see me here?" he asked curious

"Yes..." he passed my form and looked at the grave that had my flowers on it.

"Time has passed so fast, it's almost a year since she left" my eyes noticed he was holding something in his hand; it was a branch of peach blossoms, my sisters favorite flowers.

"May you rest in peace..." he placed the branch on her grave and prayed for her. My eyes observed him closely, he knew my sister really well...

"Forgive me..." I whispered lowering my head in shame, his body rose from the grave and he turned towards me.

"For what?" he asked

"For breaking the promise I made... she wanted me to look for you after her death... but I could not bring myself to do so..."

"There is no need for you to apologize"

"But..." he turned around and placed his hands in each of his pockets, staring up into the sky.

"I understand your feelings very well, I too could have looked for you but I was the same as you and decided not too" my eyes stared at his back and I could notice from his profile that his eyes were blank. I pinched my arm as I hugged it with my palm. This meeting was kinda awkward.

"A lot of things happened since then, but there was not a single day I didn't want to go out and look for you, but then I thought it would be better not too since I am a mere stranger to you, for what reason would you trust someone like me?" I was surprised he thought that way but at the same time it made me happy to hear he never forgot about me.

"Then... why did you decide to approach me now?"

"Because... yesterday at the club, the waitress who served our table, that was you" I swallowed nervously, he noticed it was me.

"You figured that out pretty easily... compared to me who thought it was just a coincidence that someone had the same name as you..." I laughed awkwardly

"Shouldn't you be scared, since you know what I am?" his voice was deeper and sounded a little angry.

"Why should I?" he was silent for a moment and took a step forward

"Because I am a monster" I figured out his strategy pretty quick, he wanted to test me if I was scared because of what he was. I moved my feet and walked towards him until my smaller body passed his and was before him

"Are you? Hmm... to me you seem pretty normal though, except for the cold attitude" I sad as I turned around and inspected him from head to toe.

"Oh and the "trying to look scary face" you wear right now" I smiled, confusing him entirely; it was definitely not the answer he expected I would give. He looked away from my face and continued his steps.

"How do you like your coffee?" he suddenly asked and my eyes widened in confusion

"Black, with a spoon or two of sugar, why?" he stopped and glanced over his shoulder.

"Scary..."

"Follow me" I raised my eyebrow and watched as he continued to walk away.

"Hey! Wait!" he was increasing his pace, leaving me behind.