This Different Emotion

It was around 2 am in the morning when Yomo returned from whatever he had to do. He walked inside the door and noticed the lights in the kitchen were still on. He took off his shoes and coat before he headed towards the kitchen to check why the lights were on. He stopped at the door frame and stared in the room.

"Yeez... she really took it seriously" he mumbled as he found me sound a sleep over the book on the table. He approached me and gently pulled the book out from underneath my arms.

"You actually finished it huh?" he mumbled as he closed the book and laid it down. His hand removed the towel that was over my head to dry my already dry hair and gently lifted me onto his back to carry me piggy back style towards the ladder that lead up to my room. He placed my deep asleep body down onto the futon and pulled the covers to my chin. He gazed at my sleeping form for a moment before he climbed the ladder down and headed to the bathroom to shower. The shirt he was wearing was stained with blood from a fight he had gotten into. He took it off and placed in the clothes basket, after that he stepped into the shower and washed his dirty body before he headed to bed.

The next morning I woke up quite early, I slowly climbed down the ladder and headed to the bathroom to take a pee since I forgot to do so last night, while I was siting on the toilet I thought about the book I read last night and suddenly I realized that I had fallen asleep in the kitchen after I finished reading it. Today I woke up in my own bed though, that could only mean that Yomo carried me to my bed after he returned home. I washed my face and dry it with a towel when I suddenly noticed in the mirror that my shirt had a red stain.

"Blood? How did that get there?" I thought as I pulled it up to check if I was injured somewhere, but my skin was unharmed.

"Weird" I uttered and pulled the shirt over my head to place it in the clothes basket but when I opened it I found a shirt that was covered in blood stains.

"This is Yomo-san's" I mumbled as I unfolded it and saw how drenched in blood it was.

"Did he get into a fight? The amount of blood on the shirt... if it belongs to him then he must be injured badly..." I felt how my heartbeat increased as I thought about that conclusion. I folded the shirt and placed it on top of the basket, putting on my own before I sneak out of the bathroom and into the living room where Yomo was sleeping tightly on the couch. It was 6 am in the morning, the sun was barely up so it was kinda hard to see, but if I turn on the lights he might wake up. I walked on tip toes towards his sleeping form and stopped before the couch; his chest was rising and sinking evenly.

"Please don't wake up" I prayed as I reached out for his shirt to check if he was hurt. My hands pulled it up really slowly to not cause any tickling or irritation that could wake him. I managed to pull it past his belly button and so far I could not detect any wounds. Suddenly his hand gripped my wrist that was lifting his shirt and he pulled me easily down on the couch, right next to his body.

"What are you doing?" his deep voice asked me as his eyes stared into mine that were now on his level.

"I-I was just checking if you were hurt" I stuttered while my heartbeat was pounding wild in my chest from the shock of being busted.

"Hurt? Why should I be hurt?" he asked keeping the eye contact while his hand was still holding my wrist.

"B-Because I found the blood stained shirt in the bathroom... and I also have a blood stain on mine from you carrying me back to my bed last night" his eyes softened and he released my wrist.

"Next time if you sneak up on somebody try to keep your heartbeat under control, I could hear it buzzing in my ear from the moment you left the bathroom"

"Oh dear god please let me dieeee on the spot right nowww!!!" I though as I felt so embarrassed.

"S-Sorry.... I was just... worried about you that's all" I said, whispering the last word to hope he would not hear it.

"You should have known better, I am a ghoul, even if I get injured it will heal right away" he explained

"I know... but still... I was still worried..." I felt a blush on my cheeks again as I admitted my concern towards him. He sit up on the couch and without any warning he lifted his shirt over his head and exposed his naked upper body to my eyes.

"W-What are you doing!!!?" I jerked as I brought my hands to my eyes to cover them from his exposed upper body.

"If you can't shake off your concerns then have a look yourself" he said, I was nervous to remove my hands but since he gave me permission to check out his exposed upper body I removed my hands and stared at his muscular body while his eyes were back to it's monotone expression.

"Do you see any scars?" he asked, I had to admit he was right and my concern was placed falsely

"N-No... I don't see any..." I quickly looked away after confirming my mistake and he put his shirt back on. I was fighting with my heartbeat that it would not increase in a situation like this; since he could hear it clearly I need to be careful in what kind of situations I increase it.

"Then there is no need to worry about it any longer" he said and lay back down on the couch but this time on the opposite side so I was facing his back.

"If the blood isn't yours... then who's is it?" I asked curious, since he just ended the conversation without even telling me what happened.

"It belongs to an investigator" he replied after a moment of silence.

"Did you kill him?" I asked nervously

"No, I did not kill him" he replied and I felt relieved.

"What happened?" he kept quiet and I hated it when he ignored me.

"Hey! I want to know what happened" I said placing my hand on his shoulder and shaking him lightly to make him tell me.

"You are so noisy this early in the morning" he turned around and pushed my head down on the pillow to stop my babbling and rest for a few more hours. I opened my eyes after his hand released my head and I found myself blushing again in a deep red. His face was laying so close to mine only a few inches parted our heads... He had his eyes closed and continued sleeping. I suddenly felt bad for waking him in the first place, he was out the entire night after our training and returned home really late, he was asleep for probably just a few hours and I went on and disturbed him... my eyes observed his sleeping face that was so close to me, I've never been this close to a guy before... he was looking so innocent that it made me smile for no reason. He nuzzled his face a little deeper into his pillow and a strand of his hair fell out of line; it was lying on his nose and making his breathing difficult so I decided to remove it. My fingers gently brushed away his soft grey hair strand and secured it behind his ear without waking him up, he was already sound asleep as I did touch his face. I closed my eyes after that and took a small nap before we would continue our training later. A few moments after my heartbeat had calmed down he opened his eyes and looked at my face that was still resting on the pillow this close to his. Yomo pulled the covers up to my body and gently rested his hand over my waist to keep me close. I don't know what this feeling was but my heart was feeling really warm and secure, it was a nice feeling... I wanted it to last forever.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++