Chapter 2

*Aaliyah's POV*

I'm awaken by a hand shaking my shoulder, leaving me confused for a few seconds before memories come rushing back. I was adopted by One Direction.

I slowly open my tired eyes to meet the gray blue of Louis. He smiles at me,"breakfast is ready so o figured I should wake you up. Hungry?"

"Yeah, thanks," I say shyly and follow him downstairs. We enter the kitchen, where the boys are excluding Louis. I sit on a barstool at the island between Louis and Niall.

Niall seems to instantly tense up and he clenches the counter, his knuckles turning white. I turn away from the seemingly-in-pain boy to see that one of the boys set a plate with eggs in front of me.

I slowly eat, only finishing half of it before Liam asks a question I did not want to answer,"how did you get into the adoption center?"

"My mom left me with my dad when I was six then until I was nine my dad abused me. The neighbors must have heard my screams and calls for help because the police showed up and I was taken to the adoption center," I mumble, just load enough for them to hear. All the boys now had their attention on me, even Niall.

"That's horrible! What kind of person could do that to child?!" Louis says, slamming his fist on the counter and making me jump.

"Louis, stay calm," Liam says to the angry man strictly.

Louis nods and a quiet conversation continues but I can't help but to wonder why he got mad so easily.