38

My heart stopped just as they asked that.

"So, which one of us is it going to be?" Nash asked. I couldn't look up at him, since it broke my heart to see him.

"I-I don't know." I said, my head suddenly beginning to ache.

"You have to pick one of us." Matt said, and I looked up at him. He looked angry yet his eyes were filled with hope.

"Can we do this somewhere else?" I asked, since all of the guys were now staring at us. Nash and Matt nodded and we walked out into the hallway.

I didn't need to worry about anyone walking out and over hearing our conversation since the whole floor was blocked out for us. As soon as we got a good distance from the room I turned to them.

"Matthew, I love you. Okay, I love you. You're so amazing and kind. Everything about you is perfect. It would break my heart to do anything that would hurt you. You are so wonderful and any girl that you ever love is honestly the luckiest girl in the world. You do anything to make me happy and help me. Thank you." I said, and I looked at them to see Matt smiling ear to ear, and Nash's eyes filling with tears.

This was making the next thing I was going to say so much harder.

"But, but, we don't have the same connection as I do with Nash. I love you with all my heart, but I can live with just being friends. It kills me to say this, but I need Nash. I can't even function properly without him. I love you, Matt. I want you. But, I don't need you." I said, tears slipping down my cheeks.

The look on Matt's face broke my heart. Nash on the other hand, looked happier than he ever had in his life.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I love you, Anna." Nash said, walking up to me. He kissed me softly and then smiled at me. I smiled at him but then was interrupted.

"What the fuck!" Matt yelled, suddenly looking furious. He looked angrier than he had been back in the room.

"After all that we've been through! How could you!" He continued to yell. He pushed me roughly against the wall. His face was so close to mine that I could smell the mint on his breath from before.

"I-I, I'm sorry." I stuttered.

"I CANT BELIEVE YOU!" Matt yelled, moving away from me.

"I can't. I just can't. I can't believe you." He said, getting quieter with every word.

His back was now against the wall on the other side of the hall as he slid down to the floor. Matt's head was between his knees and I could hear him crying softly. I sat down next to him and put my arms around him, but he just pushed me off.

"We can still be friends. I hope we are. I still love you, Matt. Just not in that way." I told him, and he looked up at me. His eyes were filled with pain.

"Don't you get it? I can't. I can't be friends with you while I love you so much. Please just go." He said, looking me in the eyes.

My heart cracked as I saw the pain that he felt, his brown eyes that were usually filled with happiness, suddenly were dull and sad.

"But Matt, we can make this work." I told him.

"No, we can't. Please just go." He said, looking away from me.

"Matt plea-"

"Just Go!" He yelled. I got up and walked back to the room, my heart falling into pieces with every cry that I heard come from Matt.

A/N

so, there it is.

She's with Nash.

Sooo, gimme feedback?