22 7 1

fiona

they walk back to her apartment hand in hand, her happiness radiating off of her... until she analyzes her future. "i go back tomorrow."

"i know."

"i don't want to stop seeing you."

christian pulls her aside on the shockingly busy sidewalk, tucking a lock of her curly hair behind her ear for her. "you won't. you just can't see me as often. i'll still visit, i just want you to get better."

"but you—"

"i'm not going to automatically make you better, fi," he says, kissing her knuckles. she winces at the nickname. "you do that yourself. you know that."

"i know," she sighs, eyes fixated on their joined hands. "do you know how much longer my treatment lasts?"

"until you get better."

"but since i'm over 18, i can technically leave, right?" she asks.

christian hesitates with a tilt of his head. "yeah, but it'd be best if you stayed. you're making amazing progress."

"i know."

"so stay. for yourself."

fiona snaps her gaze back up to his own, only to see his ocean eyes already watching her. her heart swells at him. he didn't say stay for me, he said stay for you, and she can't believe how beautiful this man in front of her is. "i will."

she brushes his eyelash to get rid of a snowflake and continues with him down the sidewalk to her apartment.