24 6 0

everett

he's feeling lucky.

actually, that's a lie. he's bored, and derek hasn't shown up to dinner yet. everett has been waiting for over an hour and a half with two plates of nachos eaten and three phone calls made.

be sighs, orders six burritos with chips for takeout, pays, and leaves.

he opens snapchat and the maps, tracking derek creepily... and he's nearby at a studio apartment building. everett uncomfortably rings the buzzer. "uh... ms. rivera? i'm here to drop some food off for you guys."

someone opens the door, despite the landlord's protest. derek is wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of plaid pj pants. his hair is ruffled and he still looks sleep deprived. he smiles a little when he sees everett. "i forgot our date, didn't i?"

everett's heart skips a little at him calling it a date. "yeah, but it's okay. were you sleeping?"

"the four other students and i are helping ms. rivera with a rebuttal," he yawns.

"you all need to eat," everett pushes the bag into his hands, stroking derek's cheek with his thumb. "and get a lot of sleep."

"we will," derek yawns again.

everett sighs. he knows that the brunette can't control when he isn't and isn't busy, but he hasn't seen derek in a week. "i'll see you soon?"

"almost over," derek says.

everett waves and turns around, beginning his walk home.